Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 F350 with the plow prep package so it has the heavier duty springs in the front which is supposed to make it close to level, but still isn't. I plow with it and also tow a 26 foot enclosed car hauler with cars. Would a leveling kit be okay with these? Or would the truck squat a lot? If not, what would you reccomend for a leveling kit that would be okay with plowing? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2011 350 ccsb that i also plow with and tow with and i installed the Ready Lift 2.5 leveling kit. Its great for plowing it gives the plow more height when raised to push/pile snow over curbs. Its really has no affect on towing that Ive come across. The truck pulls the same and doesn't appear to squat anymore then its did without the level.

·
import basher
486 Posts
No it won't change things. The truck in my avatar is my plow truck. I have 2.5 leveling kit with rear bags and plow prep. I plow with a boss power v xt 9.2 ft plow. It handles it great. No front end sway. But it goes through sway bad ends faster than I could have imagined.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How often do they need to be replaced? I dont plow commercially, only my two company parking lots and a few driveways.

·
import basher
486 Posts
It depends. If that's all your doing probably never. I plow for 20 hrs with every snowfall that's 2 inches or more. I live in alberta Canada where that happens about 15 times a month. So I replace them every two months. But my plow also weighs 1400 lbs. if you don't plow that often and your plow isn't that heavy then you'll probably never replace them. On my 04 super duty diesel with the leaf spring front end, I plowed for 5 yrs with it and never replaced a damn thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have the Heavy duty snow plow prep package on the truck and i have the Blizzard 8611 plow setup on my truck, the largest Blizzard offers for a pickup and it handles it with ease. I have never heard of having to replace a leveling kit due to plowing, but ill also don't want to say it could never happen. I believe you will be perfectly fine if you level and plow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts