Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made a 2 and a half inch leveling kit for my powerstroke the problem is im getting a lot of noise and a extremly rough ride. The noise sounds like my sway bar links do i need to install longer ones mine are just brand new stock ones. And also how much can u go before you need a track bar adjuster

·
Registered
257 Posts
prolly would't hurt to go ahead and get a trac bar relocator but as for the rest i ain't for sure.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
How did you make one?

And yes, I thought that you had to install either longer bars or extenders on the sway bar endlinks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cut some half inch plate the with of the spring and i stacked them on top of each other and welded them basically and block but i made them 8 inches long

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I cut some half inch plate the with of the spring and i stacked them on top of each other and welded them basically and block but i made them 8 inches long
So you have 2 1/2 inch blocks on the front leaf springs? A better levelling alternative is longer shackles, longer front spring hangers or an add a leaf, but not blocks.

You don't need longer sway bar end links if your lower end link bolts are not hitting the leafs as they travel up and down. You may need a longer track bar, or a track bar relocation bracket that drops the track bar. The greater the angle on the track bar the more your front end moves left and right during suspension travel. So at 2.5 inches I would relocate the track bar using a bracket and preserve the OEM location.

BTW, blocking the front end is not to safe. The front spring pack is not as thick or as torsionally strong as the rear leafs. You're going to have quite a bit of flex up front with those 2.5 inch levers under the leafs. That will affect alignment during the bumps by creating a negative caster angle.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eccept for the castor change..

Adj track bar is required or a "correctly made drop trackbar bracket...not spacers..

I would suspect your shocks could also be part of the problem.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
PM sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts