Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not toliet paper, but tire pressure.

I just installed (Discount Tire) some 315/75/16 BFG KM2's and they put 35 psi in the front and 40 in the rear.

If I'm not mistaken, it's more in the front for the additional weight of the mighty 6.0.

What do you guys run for optimum mileage and ride quality??

·
Registered
182 Posts
I run 80psi in my 285 Duratracs. A little rougher but for the amount of miles I put on I will deal with it.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Running BFG's 305/70 R16 I have tried 70 PSI and 55 psi so far. 70 seems to be a bit rougher than running 55 psi but I think I should be seeing a bit better fuel milage with the higher pressure since the higher pressure should result in less surface area friction. I sure can't prove it with my fuel receipts, especially when running 80 mph for a 6 hour round trip on the weekends. I just nocked it down to 65 to see how that feels. 35-40 psi seems pretty low. Doesn't the TP on the door sticker call for 55 in the front?

·
Registered
160 Posts
yeah its like 50psi cold front and 55psi cold rear. I run mine at 62 all the way around but I'm not towing either and I'm still running the stock rugged trails(which will be coming off asap in favor of stock size duratracs)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts