Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes that is there kit. Works awsome. Tried them out the 1st weekend they were on with a sledpull :D
Right on man, they look good. I want to build a set really bad but just can't afford it right now.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Do you guys suppose a 3/4" chrome moly heim would work as a substitute for the bushings on the ends of the bars?QA1 PCM Chrome Moly Heim

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
1,059 Posts
Do you have any flex with that design? seems like something would break.

Nope its super strong, its had all four wheels off the ground many times on the first truck this lift was on (06 PSD). The only part that has a lot of stress is the trac bars,(front & rear) hold %100 of the side to side pressure. ZERO axle wrap! front / rear forward or back, its really a simple system that works great!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm making some traction bars for my truck and I want to make traction blocks. My block will be 7" tall and the bars with mount about 2" below the axle. Is a 7" block to tall to have a set up like this?

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
With a block that big I'd recommend a traction block setup like your suggesting.

I have a 5" OUO traction block setup coming for my truck. Can't wait. :D

·
In The Passing Lane
198 Posts
here's the bars i built. they'll probably get redone just like everything else.

Garrett

·
Registered
702 Posts
Post the pics of your traction bars, home made or bought, include some basic info about your bars and a rough cost on how much you have in them.

Ill start off, no ratchet strap comments please LOL

not sure the specs on the tubes but they are 1/4 wall i think 2 inch, traction blocks were home made, kinda like the OUO ones, the bushing on the end is off a 90 F-150 with a 7/8bolt welded in the tube, onlyhad 30 bucks in them for the bushings, and bolts, the rest i had material laying around.
How quiet are these? do they wear the bushings out?

·
Banned
132 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ok so I see a lot of different designs and a lot of homemade kits it seems to be the easiest thing to do is buy the pro comp mounting kit and build your own bars?? If someone else on here sells a complete set up I would like the longer style my truck is a 97 ext cab long box and it hops like a mo fo out of first and second when I get on it hard I'd like to elimante this, I also well not spend 900 dollars on a set when I see everyone else making them for 200-400 roughly but let me know anyway thanks guys!

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
Go ahead and make your own. It will be cheaper.

BUT dont completely rule out the "expensive" bars until you actually see a set in person and appreciate the quality and detail of work that goes into them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok so I see a lot of different designs and a lot of homemade kits it seems to be the easiest thing to do is buy the pro comp mounting kit and build your own bars?? If someone else on here sells a complete set up I would like the longer style my truck is a 97 ext cab long box and it hops like a mo fo out of first and second when I get on it hard I'd like to elimante this, I also well not spend 900 dollars on a set when I see everyone else making them for 200-400 roughly but let me know anyway thanks guys!
I have a set of procomp bars in the for sale section for $150

261 - 280 of 295 Posts