Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Finally getting mine on having a guy tig weld the bungs in for me sense i don't have a tig anymore. Then off to the powdercoater. I can't decide what color to do them in any suggestions? I kinda want them to stand out. Was thinking about red with a white powerstrokenation.com lettering.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Too keep it clean looking i would do blue bars with the tan lettering, or do tan bars with blue lettering, i think off colors like red dont look that good, paintmatched (or close) would be very cool IMHO

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ya i thought about paint matching it but i want them to stand out a bit. Thinking about doing spuerstroker on them instead.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Good work, where did you get thoughs ends?

Other than there being no rubber to insulate the bars from the frame they look great, let me know how much in cab noise you do or dont get from adding the bars.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nope no rubber went for a rid last night down a nasty country road and some highway driving and city driving never heard a thing. Maybe it is just me but it seems like it rides better and doesn't have that bang bang when going through the gears. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would have to measure them not real sure i just matched the drive shaft angle marked them and cut them the same length lol

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Nope no rubber went for a rid last night down a nasty country road and some highway driving and city driving never heard a thing. Maybe it is just me but it seems like it rides better and doesn't have that bang bang when going through the gears. I am very happy with them.
The shifts are definatly better on these trucks with bars.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would say more so then if you where just on the road it will keep the axle from raping and trashing u joints drive shafts and leaf springs.

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
mine came out to 61" (for the bars) with the ends adjusted its closer to 68"...
this is on a ccsb with a 6" lift. could be having some binding issues but i wont know till i get it moving again.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I forgot to measure them today but i put them to the test out runing a ford lightning launched like a different truck. Got the guys number we are going to meet up and run them for the hell of it.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
I forgot to measure them today but i put them to the test out runing a ford lightning launched like a different truck. Got the guys number we are going to meet up and run them for the hell of it.
Whats done to the lightning?

If you go from a roll... hes gunna beat you, but if you go from a dig, he shouldnt be able to catch you. Im assuming your running a 275 or bigger tune?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
345 tune he is mainly stock he didn't seem to be able to pass me from about 25mph roll.

241 - 260 of 295 Posts