Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post the pics of your traction bars, home made or bought, include some basic info about your bars and a rough cost on how much you have in them.

Ill start off, no ratchet strap comments please LOL

not sure the specs on the tubes but they are 1/4 wall i think 2 inch, traction blocks were home made, kinda like the OUO ones, the bushing on the end is off a 90 F-150 with a 7/8bolt welded in the tube, onlyhad 30 bucks in them for the bushings, and bolts, the rest i had material laying around.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Where did you get them from and how much? :D
He makes them.. I've seen them first hand and for a lowered to a leveled truck, they would work great. Since i have 5" springs we decided that they wouldn't work very well. They are set up pretty good when i looked at them.

I ended up with these.

Rear block set up installed.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
He makes them.. I've seen them first hand and for a lowered to a leveled truck, they would work great. Since i have 5" springs we decided that they wouldn't work very well. They are set up pretty good when i looked at them.

I ended up with these.

Rear block set up installed.

I like THIS. Any more pictures?? I'd like to see the bar where it hooks to the axle. And where'd you get the materials?

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
I like THIS. Any more pictures?? I'd like to see the bar where it hooks to the axle. And where'd you get the materials?
The last pic shows how the bar connects to the axle, it's a traction block set up. The block can be made to whatever size you need. I don't have any good pics of it mounted up, but i can get some to you if you want. Pm me you email and i can send you more pics and some info. I don't want to piss off other vendors here. Especially since i'm not really associated with them.

People will probably chime in and say how they are a rip off from OUO, but as you can see, they are different than OUO and cost a little cheaper. I like them and they have worked great for me.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I have a set on mine from tuff country, cost me $350, just a bolt on set
older pics:

Newer pic with full view of truck for size comparison, they arent too big and thats what I wanted

·
Michigan Ice Dog
226 Posts

All home made

·
Registered
547 Posts
I built these. Other then no axle wrap you cannot tell they are there. I cycled the suspension with one end attached, and it only moved before about 1/8". Maybe $250 in materials, because of the nice johnny joints, and DOM tubing.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not really, Generally speaking the longer the better, but obviously short ones work too. mine are 78", most people shoot for the flat spot where the frame comes back down near the front of the bed, if that made any sense.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts