Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im right in the middle of installing my 6.0 IC with Banks pipe kit. I know theres about 14 others with new kits so lets see your installs.
My biggest problem is I CANNOT figure out how the he!! to get to the bolts behind the headlights that hold the black plastic piece on. STOOPID!! headlight trim ring wont come off which means headlight/turn wont come out to get bolt out?!?!? WTF

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
Taking the headlight/turn signals off is a huge PITA and best done with the batteries taken out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah those bolts suck! Its a real pain!(literally cut up hands and all) if you pull the batteries the drivers side ones can be pulled easy but the passenger side is a pain you have to pull back the inner fender and use a long extension. This is my second install ill get some pictures up. Good luck

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
They are nuts that are inside of tow holes recessed inside of the radiator support. IIRC they are 11mm nuts.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
The library section has the Banks instructions.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
plus you have to do a couple things not in those instructions

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Here is a pic of mine before I put in the new turbo.
intercooler piping.jpg

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
So far I really like the turbo. Quick spool up and much lower egt's. I was able to savage the cold side piping (pasenger side) but had to get new piping from Carson Stauffer for the hot side and my intake. Still need to get it powdercoated to match.
DSCN0545.JPG

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
So far I really like the turbo. Quick spool up and much lower egt's. I was able to savage the cold side piping (pasenger side) but had to get new piping from Carson Stauffer for the hot side and my intake. Still need to get it powdercoated to match.
View attachment 12136
:drool: Is that the same turbo WOP started a thread about? That looks goooooood.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
The same turbo but that one is modded to flow more. If I go with bigger nozzels I will have mine moddd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts