Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brake stand it for a few seconds and get tires smoking, it bounced and let go. Doubt it was out of first, could have been, and tq converter not locked.
What would brake if you could stop the rear wheel at the begining of a brake stand burn out? Tq converter?

Heres the deal. I can almost red line rpms in any gear, foward reverse, and it crawls with no power. No codes. Truck was running standard DP race tune I think 100hp?

I'm dumb not to have sucked it up and purchase a BTS last two times I destroyed a tran. If its not just the tq converter I will pull the trigger and brake in my bts the first day with burnouts until my tires melt and catch fire.

After all the shady moves the last "performance trans dealer" did, I would not be surprised if the tq converter was stock guts. For a kick in the nuts,they shut down and never returned my core fee. Pray for the tq converter, cause I have a performance built one getting dusty for such an occasion.:bowfast:

·
Failure to Communicate
1,133 Posts
most likely the converter is toast and losing all your torque multiplication

·
That thing got a Cummins?
1,229 Posts
:whs: Or the trans pump.

·
Registered
94 Posts
id say tc, does it rattle alot at idle? (pump will too). my tranny is out of my truck right now from this EXACT scenario. mines just the tc.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id say tc, does it rattle alot at idle? (pump will too). my tranny is out of my truck right now from this EXACT scenario. mines just the tc.
no rattling or any noise noticed.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,101 Posts
Curious, wouldn't I get a code for line pressure or something?
There is no code for line pressure. The PCM has no idea what line pressure is inside the trans. All it knows is what line pressure it told the trans to have. It can't tell if it did it or not.

·
1,229 Posts
Curious, wouldn't I get a code for line pressure or something?
The only warning I had on my trans going out was a little slip between 2nd and 3rdgears. One day the trans just decided it had enough and would not move the truck at all. I'd go for a full rebuild and upgrade some parts while I was at it, then enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd go for a full rebuild and upgrade some parts while I was at it, then enjoy the truck.
Tried that one before.
I don't trust anyone around here.
Going BTS if it's not mt tq converter.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:whs: Or the trans pump.
One could break a pump during the begining of a burn out?
More likely then a stock tq converter?

We should see tonight what the deal is. Spare tq converter is in, maybe an hour left to get er running.

·
1,229 Posts
Good luck, I hope you get it running today. My next trans if there is a need for one will be a BTS, but I have to wear out my suncoast first, and I don't think that will happen anytime soon

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must have been the tq converter, cause she drives down the road now.

Every thing seems fine.

I really want to cut that old tq converter open.

Gotta start that BTS savings fund!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts