·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let the shopping begin a guess

durabilty is most important

injectors probably to come this spring

what suggestions do you all have

its a worthless short box so i dont tow or haul much but now i have an excuse to build a lightweight sledpuller

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
H2E..

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stock injectors for now

probably not more than mild single shots down the road?
i dont know really what to look for i just know i dont want to dump even more money into big oil

TN BB a good unit?

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
TN BB a good unit?
That would be a great match for you. I am running that turbo on my EX on stock injectors and it is great. No lag even at 7000+ft and nice and cool EGT's. I say go for that one.

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be a great match for you. I am running that turbo on my EX on stock injectors and it is great. No lag even at 7000+ft and nice and cool EGT's. I say go for that one.
maybe i miss read but they say their inlet is 4" vs. 3" stock
does their turbo come with the intake provision or do i have to mod that?
i currently run a tymar

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Aside from the H2E what's a good non BB unit?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
PDR is bringin out a non BB unit thats on par with the Garrett an TN units........Not sure on the final price, but last time I herd it was around 1200

I know first hand Dave ran it in his OBS, made around 450 HP and towed a massive boat frequently........

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
What's Garrett got for non BB drop in units? Something that would work good on a mild/DD/work/towing truck & not require a second smaller turbo or laughing gas to spool up?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
What about a non BB step up from the Van turbo?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
How about you get an engine with a turbo on it, then worry about it?
Uhhhhhhhh.....maybe I'm asking for some other people who don't have time to get on here. :lookaround:
Just because I don't "own" a Powerstroke don't mean that I don't work on em. I think I've spent more time working on & doing basic modding on the Strokers than I have the IDI.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
How about you get an engine with a turbo on it, then worry about it?
G-man dont have a turbo because he doesnt want to embarrass mere folk like you...........

Cat is just trying to help so lay off the pretty little lady ;)

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to ask (since I lived in Helena for 8 of the last 9 years) where you're going to pull sleds? That area is so "anti-anything fun" that it's sickening.
your not gonna believe it they actually had one here and the big inferno dodge with stacks molded in bed showed up even:D

but i am movin to billings much better there

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Cat is just trying to help so lay off the pretty little lady ;)
If she looks like her avatar, she can say the sun rises in the west and I'll be ok with it. ;)

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
The Van turbo would fill the journal bearing drop in Garrett need. Probably better than the Journal bearing TN unit would. That's not a bash, just what honestly seems to be the case from everything I've seen and what I've read.

You could run a GT40 journal bearing turbo in place of a modded H2E and clean up. But if you're going to the trouble, you might as well fork out the extra coin and go with the 42R.

But the main thing is, if the guy isn't ever going to run more than "mild" single shots, then he's damn sure never going to be in the 500rwhp range, so the GTP38R is the correct choice.

If we're talking about Garrett's line. Otherwise, the TN ball bearing unit should be used from their line.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts