Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a new tranny. Has anyone replaced there e40d with dieslsites legendary . I found you have were you pleased or displeased have any warranty issues? I run stock 97 HD right now and don't really plan on chipping. I like the fact you can tow in OD with it.

·
Native Texan
9,127 Posts

·
Project Shamu
3,209 Posts
Yup, I still love mine, just had it up to 265* last weekend up the grade, still shifts like new

Reactions: Zmann

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
@Lt.Dan -- I just got the Legendary. It shifts so hard to 3rd, both up and down, it feels like someone bumps you from the rear. Does yours shift hard?

·
Project Shamu
3,209 Posts
@Lt.Dan -- I just got the Legendary. It shifts so hard to 3rd, both up and down, it feels like someone bumps you from the rear. Does yours shift hard?
No hard shifts here. I did have a very firm shift from 1->2 when new, and both DieselSite and my tuner said that the Legendary Trans is as close to a "Zero Loss" trans as it gets, but my tuner was able to tune it to a much more manageable shift, and you almost can't feel any of them. The only thing I can feel is the TC lockup, but thats because the E4OD doesn't have a variable lockup (from what I've been told), so its either an on/off switch, unlike the 4r100 which can variably engage the TC, making for a smoother engagement.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Jax

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Thanks! I had a "quick shift kit" in my GMC many years back.

Dieselsite is sending me another tranny. The shipping bastages dropped and rolled this one - my deduction - from the damages on it.

·
Project Shamu
3,209 Posts
Thanks! I had a "quick shift kit" in my GMC many years back.

Dieselsite is sending me another tranny. The shipping bastages dropped and rolled this one - my deduction - from the damages on it.
Gotta love DieselSite service. Any problems and they are right on top of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.