Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i hope i didnt fork out some cash for no reason....
I just bout the 3156-x45-T from superbrightleds.com. I put them in and ....nothing. So I pulled them out and replaced with normal stock bulbs and they work so .......what am i missing here? I thought these were a direct replacement.....how do i fix this? any ideas please.

Reverse lights 2001 f250

Thanks guys.
Pat

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
contact your vendor.
run a ground and a hot lead from your battery and you can check them that way.

·
Military Member
309 Posts
Ok so i hope i didnt fork out some cash for no reason....
I just bout the 3156-x45-T from superbrightleds.com. I put them in and ....nothing. So I pulled them out and replaced with normal stock bulbs and they work so .......what am i missing here? I thought these were a direct replacement.....how do i fix this? any ideas please.

Reverse lights 2001 f250

Thanks guys.
Pat
LED lights will only work one way. meaning if they don't work unplug them rotate them 180 and re-install them or even try the one from the other tail light. My LED Reverse lights work just fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys very much. I can't believe it was such an easy fix. Thanks again. They are well worth the money......bright!!

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
well i guess they should tell ya but LED= Light Emitting Diode.....diodes only allow current to flow in on direction

·
I love you bigrpowr!
1,181 Posts
well i guess they should tell ya but LED= Light Emitting Diode.....diodes only allow current to flow in on direction
That is true, an LED will only allow power to flow one way but it's not the LED that is keeping these bulbs from lighting up. There is no LED that runs off 12V. If you ran 12V through an LED, it would burn up. They require some type of driver to run off 12V and then there is a diode installed before the driver that only allows the power to flow when it is hooked up correctly. That way, you do not damage the driver. White LED's typically need 3-3.8V to work but they all the different Vf's.

This is the reason you cannot just swap out bare/ plain LED bulbs into your dash. You would have to wire 3-4 in series to get the voltage down to 3-4V for each LED.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
That is true, an LED will only allow power to flow one way but it's not the LED that is keeping these bulbs from lighting up. There is no LED that runs off 12V. If you ran 12V through an LED, it would burn up. They require some type of driver to run off 12V and then there is a diode installed before the driver that only allows the power to flow when it is hooked up correctly. That way, you do not damage the driver. White LED's typically need 3-3.8V to work but they all the different Vf's.

This is the reason you cannot just swap out bare/ plain LED bulbs into your dash. You would have to wire 3-4 in series to get the voltage down to 3-4V for each LED.

That, i did not know. Good info!

still a diode issue tho LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts