Yes, it's possible, and it's not too hard to do. Radio Shack should have what you need to get it done. Just pay attention to the voltage rating of the LED. You'll need a resistor/s to drop the voltage from ~12.6v down to whatever the LED is rated for. It's up to you to do the math... oke:
I don't know about changing out the bulbs themselves, but if you are still looking for how to get to the back side of the cluster this should get ya there...
1. Set the parking brake, pull the shifter all the way dowm to 1st gear and adjust the wheel down
2. Grab the dash firmly with both hands in the cluster shroud and pull. This should get the entire top free and work out the bottom from the edges.
3. Now you have to reach from the top or bottom and and unplug all the harnesses. A pick or small screw driver will help.
4. Now you can pull the dash out by rotating it over the steering wheel and lifting it out.
5. The gauge cluster will now be acessable. Should be bolted in with some small 8mm maybe bolts and 2 wire harnesses at the top side.
A forum community dedicated to Ford Power Stroke owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about diesel performance, modifications, EGR deletes, troubleshooting, lift kits, tires, wheels, maintenance, and more!