Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

LED gauge Cluster

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  BigStroker 
#1 ·
Hi I'm new to the site and had a question about my 96 crewcab shortbed. I have a few gauge lights out and would like to go ahead and replace them all with leds. I found some small led wedge lights that replace the 194's. Would I need anything else besides the bulbs to make this work. That also have wide angle leds that have 5 outlets on it. Just not sure what and where to get these I am not worried about changing the color as much as I am seeing the gauges at night. How many would I need to order. All help is appreciated new to the Ford psd scene so anything is beneficial to me. This is the website that I was looking at to order. Superbrightleds.com

#2 ·
Ya, you can directly replace the stock bulbs with 194 led's and do nothing else. Unfortunatly, you can not change the color as the plactic the gauge faces are made of is actually green plastic. The only way to change the color is get the gauge overlays. They can be got from Complete Performance and they are really great looking. They are (really bright)adjustable brighness blue or green lighting with white faces. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
Replace the 194 bulbs with 168. Sorry about the fuzzy pic but you get the idea.

194 = 3.8w
168 = 4.9w

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.