Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called Ford dealership locally, asked them about setting the computer in my 2008 F250 so that I can replace all brake, turn signal exterior lights with LED bulbs, and he said he knew nothing about it.

Basically all they have to do is make it so the computer doesnt recognize that a bulb is out and the LED's will function correctly for turn signals and everything.

I wish this could just be done on like an H&S tuner. Ford dealer seems clueless. I like the LED lighting way better than the stock bulbs.

Ford Fleet.com even has a step by step for the dealerships if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you can print out the instruction, I would go directly to a tech and ask him to do it. I'd do it for someone at my dealership if they did. Throw him a few bucks and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
133 Posts
Usually if you replace the front and rear lights with LED, they will function normal. If you only replace the front or rear than it will act as if there is a bulb burnt out by flashing faster.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Usually if you replace the front and rear lights with LED, they will function normal. If you only replace the front or rear than it will act as if there is a bulb burnt out by flashing faster.
Really? I was not aware of that. May have to give that a try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont wanna jack the thread but I am also wanting to add led lights.. I have 8k lights in lamps and fogs and wanna do switch backs but not sure ir the color will match? Also wanna do led brake light, tail lights, reverse lights, and cab lights anyone got a link were I can purchase these items? Also I really want the tag lights, switch backs and reverse lights to match the head lights and fog lights.. Thanks in advance

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
I dont wanna jack the thread but I am also wanting to add led lights.. I have 8k lights in lamps and fogs and wanna do switch backs but not sure ir the color will match? Also wanna do led brake light, tail lights, reverse lights, and cab lights anyone got a link were I can purchase these items? Also I really want the tag lights, switch backs and reverse lights to match the head lights and fog lights.. Thanks in advance
For the taillights and third brake light ebay is good, thats where I got mine. I also got my clear led reverse lights off of there and they work great also. For cab lights I bought my led 194 replacement bulbs from retro-solutions but that is because I wanted amber LEDs and I bought my clear LED license plate lights from retro solutions too. I love LEDs they look way better and are way brighter. I didnt have any problems with all my LEDs installed and I also still have factory front turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
18 Posts
These are for a 08 do u know if I can get the reverse lights and switch backs to match my 8k hid headlights and tag lights there more bluish..

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
Reverse lights yes. The switch backs I'm not sure because I don't have those and even if I did I only have 6k HIDs so sorry I can't help ya there.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Urban powerstroke
1 Posts
I went an bought some cheap led lights from auto zone. When I put the brake lights in they worked good. But when I hit the brakes my dash lights come on. When I did my front blinkers they wouldn't blink but made my blinker relay start buzzing. Any ideas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts