Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple LED 3rd brake lights available on eBay and I was wanting to get one for my '97 to match the black taillights and eventually a black light bar under the tailgate.

The 2 on there are these:

X3 Racing LED 3rd Brake Light
K2 Motor LED BRAKE LIGHT

The First one looks about the right shade of darkness, but looks like all the lights are red. And the 2nd one looks too light, but has white LED's where the cargo lights are. Just wondering if anyone had one and how they looked on the truck. Here is what it looks like now:

Thanks in advance

-Michael

·
Registered
797 Posts
Note that the lower current draw of the LED's may create problems with the cruise control...acts like the bulb is burned out. I have read posters a few years back on the other forum that experienced this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't really like the look of either of those ones, and I also wouldn't trust one of those lights from fleabay. LMC Truck has an LED 3rd light for our trucks IIRC and I would much rather get one of those and tint it black myself. But your right the first one is the right shade and if you end up going with that one you can always get the inbed lights from LMC and hook them up to the switch for the courtesy light and door sensor.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good, I'll try the one from Complete then, since they are a site sponsor

-Michael

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
Note that the lower current draw of the LED's may create problems with the cruise control...acts like the bulb is burned out. I have read posters a few years back on the other forum that experienced this.
This only applies to Brake Lights.....as I have had a 3rd LED brake light for a while with no issues, but I do have Load EQs on my brake LEDs ;)

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
This only applies to Brake Lights.....as I have had a 3rd LED brake light for a while with no issues, but I do have Load EQs on my brake LEDs ;)
Same with me, I installed load resistors for my tail lights. No problems at all after I installed them.
What are you guys running for LED brakelights? Just replacement bulbs in the stock lens or a LED replacement taillight (like Recon sells)?

I'm going completely LED on the truck but really like the true LED replacement taillights like are offered on the SD's. Can't seem to find any for the OBS trucks though:(

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
What are you guys running for LED brakelights? Just replacement bulbs in the stock lens or a LED replacement taillight (like Recon sells)?

I'm going completely LED on the truck but really like the true LED replacement taillights like are offered on the SD's. Can't seem to find any for the OBS trucks though:(
This is a Full LED Replacement...not just bulbs...

Recon doesn't make one.....Paul with CP Performance can get what ya want ;)

ON EDIT: I meant the 3rd brake light...

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I had the second one on mine with the same tail lights and I really liked it

Here is a pic

1 - 20 of 28 Posts