Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some information. I have a 2000 7.3L F-250 Super Duty with 180,000 miles on it. I’m leaving for a deployment overseas for about 11-13 months. Is it worth trying to keep my current truck or should I just sell it and find a new dream truck when I get back.

This is my first 7.3 so I want to do what’s going to be beneficial for the truck and my wallet.

·
Administrator
8,049 Posts
welcome to PSN, and thanks for your service!
if you have a place to store the truck under cover, i would put it up on jackstands, remove the battery, put a bunch of drier sheets inside, and scatter mothballs around the outside and call it good to go.
these trucks are getting harder to find in good shape, and when you do want one the sellers are asking a small fortune for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you so much for the support and for the information.

Would you recommend draining and fluids or fuel?

welcome to PSN, and thanks for your service!
if you have a place to store the truck under cover, i would put it up on jackstands, remove the battery, put a bunch of drier sheets inside, and scatter mothballs around the outside and call it good to go.
these trucks are getting harder to find in good shape, and when you do want one the sellers are asking a small fortune for them.

·
Administrator
8,049 Posts
nope, i would recommend topping them all off to full mark, this will help prevent condensation.

i would not worry about the fuel going bad either as i usually takes a lot longer than a year for fuel to go bad, unless you are in a tropical area which would promote algae growth in the tank. but having the fuel tank topped off will help prevent that.

·
Project Shamu
2,466 Posts
I had my truck parked outside for 18 months in southern cali (so rain once every 3 months, and heat in the 100*+), and the fuel went bad enough to where the truck wouldn't start, had to drain and refill with fresh fuel. Just throw a little bottle of your favorite stabilizer in there just in case, but filling it definitely helps.

·
Native Texan
9,008 Posts
Where are u stationed at maybe someones close by can start it every so often for you. I have had mine sit not running for over 2 years and it still elruns good well it did a year ago last time i started it before pulling trans.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts