Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how everyone here learned how to spray paint? Im wanting to spray all my white with some fresh paint so it all matches after I put in new rear fender patch panels. I have two old fenders I can practice on and was wondering the best paint to start on? Maybe some cheap stuff from TSC to start? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Sean

·
Registered
229 Posts
Like stated above it would be alot to write to teach you in a forum. But i cant emphasize this enough ...... learn to color sand aka wet sand and buff. Ive always said a monkey can paint a car , as long as there is enough material on the car you can make that monkeys paint look show quality.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I learned through trial and error, body work can take a long time, what looks good to the eye in primer when paint hits it, it will show every inperfection. Prep is just as important or more important then spraying the paint. Also you will notice there are sweet spots in temp and air pressure to get he right "flow".

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
temperature has a lot to do with it as well & a clean enviroment.

btw ive never painted a complete car but have seen/had many cars painted. And even good painters cant paint in a dirty enviroment without #### getting in the paint. just the way the cookie crumbles

·
Registered
62 Posts
Buy a decent hvlp gun i reccomend my beginner tecnicions to get something lime a binks M-1G because they spray nice work with base/clear and single stage, and are relatively cheap at around $300. The china $100 guns are hard to keep adjusted if you are learning. And get a mini diaphram type regulator with a guage to mount on your gun NOT A CHEATER VALVE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts