Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had all glow plugs replaced and now my 2001 Excursion is leaking fuel.. mechanic replaced fuel filter (said it looked like it was leaking there) but it's still leaking. It mainly pools when I first start in the AM, could it in any way be related to the glow plugs being replaced (my understanding is they heat the fuel?)like something may not have been put back correctly or something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check to see if the fuel bowl drain is closed all the way and not leaking

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try putting the key in tHe on position but not starting the truck so that there will be pressure In the lines and then check where the fuel filter and bowl if it is leaking from anywhere around the fuel bowl itself you will see it. Plus look I. The valley behind the fuel bowl there should be diesel fuel in the valley. If there is fuel in the valley most likely it's one of the following

1) most noticeable would be the fuel filter cap and oring fuel would leak from the cap if oring is bad or cap not tightened enought.

2) fuel drain valve leaking due to bad oring in that case you can get new orings from local auto store but make sure it's rated for diesel. But I would go to diesel oring.com and purchase the fuel bowl rebuild kits an choose the option they have for their best oring that are suppose to last a lot longer. There is now need to buy the whole valve cover if it's just the orings.

3) if there is no leak from the the fuel bowl or any of the lines connecting to the bowl an there is no diesel in The valley. There are the fuel lines the run into the heads that feed the injectors at the end of these lines the have rubber sleeves that screw between the nut the the fitting on the head that's goes bad as well this maybe the culprit also. But these orings are also included in the oring rebuild kit mentioned from diesel oring.com. If this is the case I would buy the kit and replace all orings not just one or to since it gonna be apart anyway an that way you know they all are good an won't have to be replaced anytime soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts