Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up my adrenaline install and after I finished tightening up everything I found a leak at the fuel filter bowl on the drivers side bottom fuel line. There is a brass fitting threaded into the bowl and then another brass fitting on the fuel line conneted to that. Just wondering if there is supposed to be an oring between those two fittings.. I've tightened it up as much as I dare and it's leaking alot. Any help or suggestions appreciated!!

Also wondering how many times I should have to crank the truck before it fires after the hpop install? I've cranked 5 times so far about 15 seconds every time and so far just a single cough and that's it. I've filled the reservoir with oil.. what next?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
On the Dieselsite page for the Adrenaline it shows the part also. My only complaint to Dieselsite is they should flag these parts as a recommended replacement item when the Adrenaline is being installed. Something like now is a good time to change the following seals while everything is apart.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Probably why they have them available, most of us would consider this preventative maintenance--can't always blame bush!

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fixed the fuel, now leaking oil

after a quick visit to my local stealership to pay $51 for 6 fuel line gaskets I managed to stop the fuel leak. That of course then identified an oil leak I'm assuming is coming from the ipr. I replaced the orings when I transfered it from my old hpop as per the instructins, but it's the only thing covered in oil after i start/stop the truck. It's leaking about a cup every 30 seconds, and fills the valley pretty quick. Any ideas? Bad new orings? I have the ipr apart now and am gonna try my old orings, but the new ones look fine. Any other thoughts? :doh:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's what I found for you in the manual...
It's not much but would recommend you check the stickys for the torque specs on all bolts in and around this pump including looking at a blown up diagram of these parts to show if you missed an o-ring somewhere. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what I found for you in the manual...
It's not much but would recommend you check the stickys for the torque specs on all bolts in and around this pump including looking at a blown up diagram of these parts to show if you missed an o-ring somewhere. Good luck.
Well, I read the link and checked and double checked everything, and can't find anything. off comes the fb/oil reservoir again and start from scratch. the only thing i can think of now is i overtorqued the new gasket between the hpop and the block. can i loosen the two bolts off a bit and see if this will help or have i ruined the gasket? i compared the new one to the old one when i took it off, and noticed no difference. the old one looked pristine.. (was a reman'd hpop on the truck so i don't know how old the gasket was) is it worth trying to reinstall with the old one and see if that helps?

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of a bump i guess..

got the adrenaline out of the truck and everything looks fine. Can't see a pinched oring, or a deformed gasket.. everything looks good as far as I can tell. Symptoms: leaks a fair amount of oil from (it seems) under the hpop where I can't see. IPR is covered with oil on the underside, leading me to believe the new orings for the IPR are bad. Have replaced them with the old orings and no change. I called the stealership again on this department and they are asking $100 for the oring kit for the IPR as well as the nut for the end of it. Is it worth replacing seeing as I've tried 2 sets of rings (1 new and one used) and had no change? I replaced the oil reservoir gasket with a new one, and the only thing I can see is it seems just a trifle large. (like 1/16th of an inch too big.) Everything else looks ok, but I can't for the life of me see where this leak is coming from. What was supposed to be a 2 hour job has become a 4 day nightmare. No bad words against Dieselsite, I'm just obviously incompetent. Any and all suggestions welcome, I really don't want to have to put this all back together and pull it apart for the third time with the same symptoms.

Thanks everyone

Ken

·
Registered
110 Posts
You gotta pin point the leak, tonight is a good time to check a flashlight and your wifes or girlfriends makeup mirror if you don't have the tool. Tape it to a tampon or wooden spoon if you have to. Have you tried any thread sealer on the IPR? Can't recommend if that is ok to do or not but this is the kind of things I try in a pinch. Might park the vehicle in a downward position and run it at idle, I'm not sure much will flow unless your moving through the gears but it the leak is bad enough it should puddle at the area of concern.

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's all gone downhill from there. I stripped it all down, took out the pump, checked all gaskets. Didn't find anything wrong so I started putting it back together. broke out the torque wrench to make sure everything was kosher and ended up breaking a bolt while tightening down the hpop. torque wrench was set to 20ft/lbs. What a royal pain in the ass. I've never had such a simple job go so wrong, and I'll admit... it was pretty darn easy. Oh well, I give up. Not sure what to do from here, i guess it's yank the pipes and turbo, and hope there's enough room to get a drill and easy out. If not then the motors gotta come out. Such is my luck. Not even gonna try and do the injectors myself, I'll end up destroying the entire truck. :lame:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Feel for ya brotha, nothing worse than spending good money on something and not getting to enjoy it. Must be too damn cold up there, your torque wrench is frozen on 80 lbs. Hope you get it drilled out. Can you at least pull the pump back off with the bolt still in there, if so you'll have something to grab on too once the pumps out of the way. I use a baby pipe wrench on stuff like this, works great, the little sucker's about 5" long but strong and sharp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts