Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! So I'll get right to my desperate question on the last 2 back to back leaking fuel pumps.

I have a 1997, 7.3 that has 324,000 miles on her. I baby the truck and take good care of her.

I have already replaced 2 leaking pumps within the last 3 months. I have a lifetime warranty on these pump's that I've bought from Autozone. The 2 pumps I've replaced are both Delpi Pump's through Autozone.

The only thing I notice is that when I'm installing these new pumps they don't push down flush with the head before installing the bolts? They do go flush but only after I torque them down with the 2 10mm install bolts. Not sure if this has anything to do with my last 2 sleeping lift pumps?

I am positive the fuel leaks are from the pumps as I've cleaned up the valley of the engine and verified the leaks are coming from one of the 2 weep holes found on the bottom, passenger side of the pumps.

So if anyone out there have any ideas or have run into the same issue PLEASE CHIME IN!!! I am so damn sick of the valley filling up with fuel I could vomit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel your pain, I’m on my second OEM pump and it started leaking. Didn’t want to spend the money but I’ve decided to be done with it and just bought an efuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
College Student
202 Posts
My original one lasted until around 240k. put a new OEM one in and in about a year and a half, started leaking again. Resided to say to hell with it and made an DIY Efuel system

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel your pain, I’m on my second OEM pump and it started leaking. Didn’t want to spend the money but I’ve decided to be done with it and just bought an efuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm pitting in the third pump tonight. If this one leaks I guess it's time for the pump delete efuel system

How much did the efuel system cost and where did you buy it from???

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Are you changing the hoses from the filter housing to the pump?

Also have you checked under the filter housing, it is also known to leak.

·
College Student
202 Posts
I pieced it together for like $600 or so. Got some wix filter bases on amazon, cat filters from my local cat dealership, 03 OEM pump from riff raff and a Fass fuel pressure regulator from them self. The filters and bases were around $100, pump was $100, regulator was $250, then random other parts like fittings, fuel lines, and wires added up to around anther $150 or so.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If you can swing it install your lifetime pump for now, then research and piece together a DIY E system and never have to worry about all that keerap in the valley again. On my trucks they get swapped to E fuel as soon as practicable, much better service life from stock E 7.3 fuel pump, better filtration from aftermarket filters too, I use Donaldson P558000 pre pump filter water separator and Cat 1R-750 for post pump, stock fuel lines to/from tank to engine. They are same size spin on filters and share same size mounts, I locate them with e pump in front of front tank inside frame rail. Don’t worry about fuel heater as winter fuel has very robust anti jell package nowadays. Lastly use an Aeromotive fuel regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts