Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found a leak around my oil pan its covered part of the tranny and the top of the pan. the first time i have ever had someone else change my oil they f^ck it up. is this a gasket or a silicone seal. surley a gasket right? and how diffcult is it to drop the pan on an 06 4x4 to replace it?

·
Word
608 Posts
Well my friend you better hope it's not either of your oil pan gaskets ( you have an upper pan and lower pan, actually the upper portion is your main bearing girdle ), to remove the lower pan you have to support the motor from the top and take a crap load of stuff loose including your motor mounts and raise the engine up to get enough clearance to pull the lower pan...check your crank sensor, the o-ring on those are known to go bad and look very much like an oil pan leak.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Are you 100% sure it is coming from the pan and not somewhere higher on the motor and it is just running down there?

·
Word
608 Posts
The crank sensor o-ring leaks were notorious for running right down the length of the lower pan where it mounts to the upper and dripping off the back or front..there's actually a Ford program to check for this because so many bedplates where being resealed for o-ring leaks.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Look at the drain tube for the turbo, rear main.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where is the drain tube and the crank sensor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea that was a dumb question. i found both the drain tube and the cmp sensor. i do believe its the sensor lots of oil and dirt built up around it. drain tube appears to be dry. thanks for the info fellas.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that something i could do myself? or should i take it to the shop? i mean its under warranty still but, i like to try to work on it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts