Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I apparently mistakenly thought Mikey told me he had removed one of the two leaf springs from each side of the front of his 7.3 to drop it about an inch. :doh: I started doing the same last night so now I'm just gonna go ahead and do it anyway and see what happens. I held on to all the hardware so I can put it back like it was if need be.

Has anyone done this before or does anyone foresee a problem with it? Thanx!

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Very bad Idea Danny

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Hell, give it a shot! If not, get some new springs like X springs.... The only thing I'd be worried about would be not enough tension when you strap it down on the track.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I hear a hold my beer and what this moment coming up. That would make me very nervous.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, well luckily it's raining so there won't be any racing tonight so I can start putting it back to normal. I'll probably go ahead and finish putting it together with the spring removed first though, just to see what it looks like and maybe take it around the block. I'll take pics. :D

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Get video when you stab the brakes and the tires grab the fenders. :poke:

LOLLOL
don't worry the front driveshaft will keep the fender/tire contact to a minimum :doh:

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
I actually run this set up but with drop shackles , because of the massive negative arch, on my gasser big block pulling truck with up to 2000 pounds hanging on the front end. I just use long bumpstops with poly bumpers setting about 1 inch of travel. Been using it for many years, truck is a street truck too. Rides real nice. Oh, BTW they are even small block springs.

102_2302.JPG

100_2441.JPG

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I chickened out. :D

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
:hehe::hehe: What was it the look or the consiquinces? LOL LOL

·
The Sound Of Madness
956 Posts
:badidea: a lowering kit would be best, that way you get a little pice of mind imo.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I was hoping to see how it worked out too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts