Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
I was helping a neighbor pick out a snowblower a few months back. Absolutely none of them had any horsepower ratings listed anywhere on the engine, literature, websites, etc. We thought that was odd, now I see this lawsuit. Hmmmmmmm.......

·
Precision Planting Dealer
670 Posts
whats the details behind the PDF my stupid computer wont let me read it

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
so, if I do all of that paperwork, I'll get $30 back, doesn't seem worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
whats the details behind the PDF my stupid computer wont let me read it
Multiple Settlements have been reached in a class action lawsuit involving gasoline-powered lawn mowers. The lawsuit claims
that the Defendants (see Question 2) misrepresented and overstated the horsepower of their lawn mowers and lawn mower
engines. The Defendants deny these claims and they deny they did anything wrong. All of the parties have agreed to settle

copied that part from the pdf

·
Precision Planting Dealer
670 Posts
ok thanks countryboyrob.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I just got a couple post cards about this in the mail the other day.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I just bought a Scag with a 19 horse Kawasaki.... Guess who doesn't care? ME:D

Why do people feel the need to file a lawsuit for anything and everything because they are too lazy to work.....

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I have been really happy with my mower. I will not be a part of this. Same oil I put into it the day I bought it three years ago. Same spark plug. Guess what, filled it with fresh fuel. Pushed the primer button. It started on the first pull. Mowed the yard perfectly. Why would I even think about being a part of this lawsuit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I also got a post card the other day at work? needles to say, its in the round filling cabinet.

·
Administrator
8,542 Posts
same here. when i bought it, i knew it was a 6.5 lbs torque engine and not a 6.5 hp, cause it said so on the engine cover.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
This has been going on for years. It is amazing how over rated these engines are. You see these 26hp Kohlers sitting on new lawn mowers in sears and all the thing can do is pull a couple attachements and cut the grass.

Then you have an old Economy with a 14hp Kohler that is capable of running true ground engaging equipment like a tiller, pulling a plow, cutting the grass, pulling a box blade, etc, etc.

This is where they truely do not make them like they use to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts