Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NIX-350
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought some new tires Coop STT 35/13.5/18s replacing some really worn MT's. I like the wheels so I kept them..Cruser Alloy CrossBow 18x10.. The truck would woble around about 45mph etc etc... I finally put a 2.5" lift on (1" in the rear) and put the 35's on...new tires woble still there. The tire guys have road force balance them and even tried beads...still wobble at 45 then is a bit better until you get to just over 60. You can see the rear wheels wobble a bit. I know now that the wheels are bent, but my question is..........will new wheels really help?????? I want to make sure that before I purchase new ones (im thinking Pro Comp) it will solve the problem. The tire guys are telling me that big tires are never smooth. I understand the bit of rough ride, but will it stop the hopping and wobbling????? You can see the bed shake at the speeds mentioned above. You can feel a bit in the front, but again...speed. All the steering parts have been checked and seem fine. The truck seems to "float" a bit too...normal with bigger tires?? I really would like some advise on this...:confused:

·
Registered
386 Posts
if the wheels are bent you should be able to see it when its on a balancer. the is probably just because the tires are new. every new set of tires I have had do that for about 50 miles or so then quit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts