Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question guys. I have a late 99 F-350 with keyless entry. Lost my keys and don't have a spare. Called a locksmith so they could come out and cut me a key because Ford won't go back more than 10 years. He says my truck has the PATS system. I told him that I thought Excursions only had the PATS system. Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Did your key look like the one on the right or the left?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the one on the right. Which means I don't have the PATS system right?

·
Registered
701 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ToMang07. I'm going to get the locksmith out here today and get a key cut. He said he would do it for $50. I would rather do this than drilling out the key switch and screw something up.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yep, I had a key cut for my truck at a home depot, no chip, no pats, nice and simple

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pats isn't even available on superduties until 08. Harley and king ranch have pats looking keys, but that's just for show. Excursion is the only pats equipped truck like superduty until 08. FYI

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
Your truck definitely does NOT have PATS.

Harleys had PATS starting in 2005. I released the software at Ford that put that in the trucks. Only Harleys and Excursions had PATS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses guys. Locksmith came out and drilled the switch out. He put a new switch in and changed the door locks so they match the ignition switch. $75 is all he charged. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. Locksmith came out and drilled the switch out. He put a new switch in and changed the door locks so they match the ignition switch. $75 is all he charged. I thought that was pretty reasonable.
That's incredibly reasonable. Good for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts