Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late 04 6.0. When i start the truck after its sat a couple hours and i go to drive it, it seems to run great and have plenty of power. On occasion after the truck is warmed up it seems to be lacking power. It has a newer hpop, new stand pipes and dummy plugs, fairly new fuel filters and 50 miles on an oil change with an oem filter. The fuel pressure is good. Generally in the 60-70 psi range. Boost seems to be where it should be when the truck is cold and warm. The only codes i have are for the egr since its deleted, a code for the #6 glow plug even though it was just replaced, b1352, and u1262. A few months ago when i had hpop issues there was a code saying something about invalid coolant data or something like that. But doesn't show up anymore.

·
Registered
543 Posts
do you have any way to read live data?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i do. The only thing I've really checked was ebp vs ebp desired and they were always right next to each other. Ill go out later today and see try and get more readings on it. Any particular PID's that I should record?

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,846 Posts
invalid coolant data... well fir starters you could look at the ECT lol! and the EOT & ICP & IPR while your at it.

edit: eh, ficm main power voltage too... all of those values are pretty important to know any most situations anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some screenshots of doing a WOT run. The thing i notice is that the maf is reading a little low? I would think it would be pulling in a bit more air

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The screenshots are from the same wot run. I just took the screenshot every couple of seconds during it. During this run it seemed to not have the power that it should. Its especially noticeable if i try to accelerate on a hill

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The only thing I notice is the low-ish engine temp, almost like this was done when the engine wasn't fully warmed up. That COULD affect things....but with those numbers, I doubt it. I was leaning towards HPOP issues at first, but those are some really good pressure readings. Any chance you would get us a couple screen shots of when it's REALLY acting up? Then we could compare values and more readily notice the issue.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Do you have a mass fuel desired pid? Those numbers don’t look to bad overall to me. Baro is a little low however what elevation are you at? Do you have map sensor data? I see you mgp pid. I feel like it should make more than 21 psi at wot. Are you 100% sure fuel pressure is 60+ at wot?

As stated you need a new thermostat. It’s not reaching operating temp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. I think i found what was going on. It turns out when I'm cruising around 30mph the transmission will be in 5th gear unlocked. So when i step on the throttle, it's staying in 5th gear trying to accelerate. Its only if i floor it that it will downshift. When i noticed what seemed like a power loss was usually when im already rolling a little bit and i try taking off. Is there anything that can be done about this or is a transmission tune my only option? But yeah i do need a thermostat because it hardly ever goes over 180

1 - 11 of 11 Posts