Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that there is little if any genuine leather in the Lariat.

Wonder why they would skimp on the leather in a $60,000+ truck

I find it a little misleading that my window sticker says "Interior - Black Leather" Not "Interior - Black Peather", "Interior - Black Faux Leather", "Interior - Black Leather looking material" :mad:

I have to admit I am disappointed in that. I don't have my truck yet and I haven't looked too close at the seats. I guess I was just assuming that it was the same leather that was in the F-150 Lariat. I am going to miss the smell. Hell my Tundra still has a nice leather smell and its 3 years old.

Can you TELL it's fake leather?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
My lariat leather in my 6.4 has some wear marks from my wallet.. WTH!?!?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I bet in 10 years it will be hard to find any real leather.

And real leather in a tundra? I'm pretty sure my moms 98 avalon had fake leather.

·
brandon
778 Posts
real honest to God leather, vehicle sets being calf , the color just would not stay in them without polishing and conditioning them all the time. When I was a boot maker, calf was one of the softest leathers you could get but it also did not hold up as well as ost or eleph that last forever. Now the thick leather KR seats are heavier and are more of a natural tan rather than lariat seats that are different colors and thinner material.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
King Ranch is sattle leather.. Thats why the seats will show marks easier and needs to be polished and conditioned or will dry out easier

·
brandon
778 Posts
King Ranch is sattle leather.. Thats why the seats will show marks easier and needs to be polished and conditioned or will dry out easier
:whs:
Calf scratches easy, next time you walk by a new pair of calf boots on the shelf take your finger nail and run it across top of them and see what happens. Light scuffs can even be removed by rubbing you finger across a greasy place on your face and then rubbing the scratch. I sounds funny but I did it all the time working with light scratches that did not damage the surface.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
IF they used real leather, like they did on my two front seats, it would be destroyed in most vehicles in five years. The synthetic, and vehicle-leather are more durable, moisture resistant, and hold their color. Its not that they dont want to give you leather, they are afraid if they do you wont take care of it.....and be mad too.

·
brandon
778 Posts
Real leather will last a long time but a LOT of care must be taken to make it last. In fact, my old boss called me today to go tomorrow to work on an important clients boots that are 30 years old.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
Real leather will last a long time but a LOT of care must be taken to make it last. In fact, my old boss called me today to go tomorrow to work on an important clients boots that are 30 years old.
I know real leather WILL last a long time. The part you missed is in my post above :poke:

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
I'd take synthetic leather over real leather for my seats any day, since it means less maintenance work for me... I'm really getting to lazy about taking care of my interior..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Who cares! Its looks good,its smells good,its comfy!! thats what matter to me.

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
The lariat leather has a "clear coat" on it. Very easy to take care of.

My king ranch seats have to be conditioned every 3 months or they start to look dry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts