Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to get a larger one to fit in these trucks, to replace the little stock one?? I have a stock 6 liter trans cooler was thinking about trying to get that one in there but it doent look like theres enough room, also heard that the V10 trans cooler is larger the our stock ones, but smaller then the 6 liters has anyone tried getting one to fit??

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
250 Posts
I really can't imagine why you would need a bigger cooler? I have hauled heavy, Through some monster hills, with a ton of power and I have never seen the trans temp over 200.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well a few reasons i use my truck to plow in the winter an to move skid steers an small backhoes all year round an when its loaded or pushing alot of snow it seems to be running hot. ive changed the fluid every 35k since i got the truck when it was new an every time i do the fluid always smells burnt so i was just thinking maybe try getting it to run cooler..

·
401 Posts
A deep pan helped mine out. I tow 18000# fiver and some of the hills I climb are long and steep. I have yet to see over 190 since the deep pan. You cant really tell a difference when driving unloaded.
Another big thing that helps is tuning the tranny to keep the TC locked a lot, I think this helps more than a deep pan, but both are a good upgrade.
Everyone has a preference on tuning. So do some research and pick one that you think suits you the best.

·
Registered
250 Posts
well a few reasons i use my truck to plow in the winter an to move skid steers an small backhoes all year round an when its loaded or pushing alot of snow it seems to be running hot. ive changed the fluid every 35k since i got the truck when it was new an every time i do the fluid always smells burnt so i was just thinking maybe try getting it to run cooler..
You say it seems to be running hot. Does that mean you have a gauge or are taking a guess. I have pulled everything from cars to two ASV track machines at once. And that was just under 30k gross. Aside from one time pulling a steep hill at 20mph 22k gross on a 310 race file. My trans temp never moves.

Just don't want to see you spend the time and effort when you don't need to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts