Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it about larger injectors that causes a lopey idle?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Its in the tuning, lope idle on a 6.0 doesnt really exist if your talking about RCD lope idle its cause they made it that way.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not talking about a lope idle that is specifically designed into a tune. I'm talking about the instances where folks have installed larger injectors, and as a result of the larger injectors, you now have a lopey idle.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
Only way I've seen a lopey idle on a superduty is from the tune. You can't really run bigger sticks without a tune right?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sounds to me like a bad injector. That is the only way I have seen a lope after bigger injector install without the lope tune. Or improper install.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Occasionally something in the tune causes a little problem with mass fuel desired at idle. When mass fuel desired drops below a certain point it goes into a fuel cut injector off scenario. Kinda like when you let off the truck and you hear it go silent. But it's doing it over and over.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Like said above you wont get a lope idle on a 6.0 just by getting injectors, also you cant run your truck without tuning exspecially on a 6.0. Like doug said it could be other things as well.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
What is it about larger injectors that causes a lopey idle?
I wondered the same thing. When you go to big diesel truck pulls some of the trucks sit there and smoke then sound like they have a huge cam in them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Early original 03 flashes with LARGE injectors will lope slightly..especially on a cold start...otherwise its tune only on a 6.0
Hmmmmmm I wonder if this is why mine has a slight lope but runs well.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
So i guess i'll bring this back a year later. So what do you think if when i start it cold she acts like she caughs alittle. Then when i drive and shes still cold it shakes like a son of a b!tch till she gets warm. and when i let off you can hear the motor skip a few times. Bad injector? or big injectors? Also did this before and after having it tuned..

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
well maybe you can PM me haha.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
lol it gets old man. it doesnt sound like a lope tune at all. you would be better off with a well known brand like casserly or elite.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Well I mean it doesn't really lope. I'll have to get a video of it. But alot of the trucks I've herd lope ya no thanks haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts