Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. I had some custom ladder bars made for my truck which has the stock lift. I could not find any that would work so had these made. Take a look at the pic. If there is anyone interested in getting some let me know.

Attachments

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
wanna make me some for a lifted truck those look awesome

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wanna make me some for a lifted truck those look awesome
I did not make these. First Engineering here in Ramona did as I could not find any that would work with my stock blocks. PM me if you would like their number. I forgot the specs on the tubing they used. They are designed to handle over 1000lbs of torque.

·
Registered
928 Posts
So how do they work? Notice any difference? Ive been looking at doing the same thing but have many questions your photos just answered, thanks. Set up looks nice and simple.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how do they work? Notice any difference? Ive been looking at doing the same thing but have many questions your photos just answered, thanks. Set up looks nice and simple.
They work great! First thing I noticed is the truck does not fade in turns now so can really move through the them, very stable. No axle wrap. I spun em in the dirt yesterday and she drove like a go cart. Very FUN. I have the DR mini spring pack on the front and would say the center of gravity now is 200% better then stock. The bars helped with that also. I towed Wednesday fully loaded. I noticed the overloads were a little closer to the bump stops in the back of the spring then the front. The front and back came down level before. When I drive with the trailer the center is gravity is still better then before and truck is very stable in turns.
There is less travel and flex in the rear when loaded now. I am wondering if the load was heavier then my 13K how the tires would handle it with less flex in the suspension. Not sure but the tires rode just as well as any other haul for my load.
In general the truck feels firm and more stable all of the time. I have not gone over any off road obsticles to eval travel.
Again, I had these made because my truck is not lifted. So a lifted truck would need longer ones.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My truck is not lifted ether and most bars are for lifted trucks hence the need to build them. Got a better picture of how they mount to the frame? Thanks again

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My truck is not lifted ether and most bars are for lifted trucks hence the need to build them. Got a better picture of how they mount to the frame? Thanks again
Here are a couple of pics of the shackle. You are welcome.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts