Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my truck and let it run for a couple minutes and take off it lags quite a bit. almost like turbo isn't kicking in right away. takes a few for it to. once its warmed up it runs fine. could this be a sticking egr?

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
More then likely it's due to the fact that diesels have no power when there cold...How long do you let it run before you take off with it? Also how cold is it where you are?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm down at Holloman Air Force Base, NM. it's averaging around 30-40 in morning and around 50-60 for highs. i'll usually let it run for 5 minutes when i gotta rush to work. otherwise i'll let it run for about 10-12

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
you havent had your first oil change with your new 6.0 haha. Remember this...youll look back a year from now and be like whatt the hellll di i get myself into with this thing,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Change your oil to 5w40 synthetic and add some rev-x. If that doesn't fix it then you may have some bad injectors.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Bandwagon Jumper
293 Posts
I recommend the RevX. I just changed my oil, but used Conventional Valvoline 10W40 with two bottles of the RevX. I was having issues just like you described and it cleared them right up.

·
scotty62
44 Posts
I had the same problem replaced the head gaskets, and updated everything ford had problems with and now i'm good to go. Got too love it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice. yea i talked to the dealer and they said that injector 5,6,7,8 were all bad. how in the he)) is my truck able to start and run if half of the injectors are bad. i figured it wouldn't even start if that many are shot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
nice. yea i talked to the dealer and they said that injector 5,6,7,8 were all bad. how in the he)) is my truck able to start and run if half of the injectors are bad. i figured it wouldn't even start if that many are shot.

they will think injector stiction means bad injectors, but try some rev-x and 5w-40 synthetic and make sure u have the blue spring in

1 - 19 of 19 Posts