Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
It's not a real difficult job to do yourself, just time consuming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
Probably around $800 in labor is reasonable

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
we charge 11 hours labor to do a delete and oil cooler rebuild. thats $825 for us. we remove the intake manifold though and clean it. also disassemble the turbo and clean it. most shops wont do that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got quated 3k for egr delete new oil cooler new fittings blue spring mod cleaned intake
rodded radiator pressure cleaned intake
oil change
coolant flush
new map sensor new irp valve
sounds about right?

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
got quated 3k for egr delete new oil cooler new fittings blue spring mod cleaned intake
oil change
coolant flush
sounds about right?
ya thats probably pretty good price

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do egr cooler/oil coolers for 500 plus parts. Or egr delete/oil cooler it's all the same amount of labor. Too bad you're a state away.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
That is a great price.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
oil change
coolant flush
sounds about right?
Your parts come to about $1100 (including the cost of fluids).

That total price seems high to me.

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
Your parts come to about $1100 (including the cost of fluids).

That total price seems high to me.
not considering the ipr valve is over $200 from ford, the map sensor is over $50, the blue spring kit is atleast $60. getting the radiator cleaned is atleast $100 around here

also considering you arent running a full time facility im guessing...that price seems about right to me

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
not considering the ipr valve is over $200 from ford, the map sensor is over $50, the blue spring kit is atleast $60. getting the radiator cleaned is atleast $100 around here

also considering you arent running a full time facility im guessing...that price seems about right to me
Parts from AutoNation.

IPR - $183
MAP - $58
Blue spring and reseal kit $41
Oil and filter change $100
Coolant - $100
BPD EGR cooler - $350 (I assume an EGR delete is around the same
Oil cooler kit - $290

$1122 total.; throw in another $50 for gaskets and a little more for shipping, so you get close to $1200 for parts.

Add $100 for radiator work (may not be necessary but that is another discussion)
Another $100 for intake pressure washed
Another $100 for coolant flushing

"$3800.06Fx4" says he does side jobs of egr coolers and oil coolers for $500. Lots of folks charge $800

$3000 from a dealership is probably OK, but it is too high for what you could get it done for ..... with some research. IMO anyway.

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
Parts from AutoNation.

IPR - $183
MAP - $58
Blue spring and reseal kit $41
Oil and filter change $100
Coolant - $100
BPD EGR cooler - $350 (I assume an EGR delete is around the same
Oil cooler kit - $290

$1122 total.; throw in another $50 for gaskets and a little more for shipping, so you get close to $1200 for parts.

Add $100 for radiator work (may not be necessary but that is another discussion)
Another $100 for intake pressure washed
Another $100 for coolant flushing

"$3800.06Fx4" says he does side jobs of egr coolers and oil coolers for $500. Lots of folks charge $800

$3000 from a dealership is probably OK, but it is too high for what you could get it done for ..... with some research. IMO anyway.
are those ford parts? we use nothing but ford parts and we charge list price for them as well. so in my case...parts would be more than what you quoted there

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
Auto Nation White Bear Lake is a Ford dealership.

The parts are Ford parts.

I certainly understand that some shops / mechanics do not approve of a customer supplying their own parts (and I understand why they do not do it). There are quite a few mechanics that do work on the side that are OK with it though. The OP may or may not have access to one of them. If not, then I agree - the $3000 number is around what it will cost.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Out here in Canada, running price for a shop to do an egr delete is between 1800-2200. Just the delete

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Now that's CHEAP. Out west here shops commonly charge $100 to $120 an hour. Mechanics on the other hand doing it on the side here charge the dollars your talking about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts