Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
QUITTER :)
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
Just curious if anyone has given these a try. I have Toyo M/Ts right now and might be looking into something new. Just curious if anyone has had them long enough to let me know how the tread wear is.
Thanks!,
TXPSD

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
I have the A/T KL78's and they blow away the BFG AT KO's. Not sure how the M/T's perform compared to the Toyos. I keep hearing good things about the Toyos all the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i highly recomend them, i've only had mine for a few thousand miles and they ride and drive great, noise is very minimal and they look kick azz. I've heard rumors of 35-40k miles but that's rumors.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
My next set will be the Hankook Dynapro MT RT03. From what Ive read plus what Im wanting out of a tire I think these will do the trick.
Might want to add them to the list of possible new tires.

I have the nitto terra grapplers and they are a good tire for about everything but the worst part of my driveway. In 4wheel drive it goes thru it fine but Im looking for a tire that will keep me from having to use 4wheel drive everyday when coming home :D

Hopefully the Hankooks will do that.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
i highly recomend them, i've only had mine for a few thousand miles and they ride and drive great, noise is very minimal and they look kick azz. I've heard rumors of 35-40k miles but that's rumors.
i heard a tad bit higher. i hope its true, the guy i know has 27k and still has a good amount of tread left

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Toyo MT's... 60k out of the first set, this set is getting done at about 60k as well...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Yes... but if they wear out in 20k less miles... then whats cheaper...

But if they made them in a 37-13-17 I would run them for a try...

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah but the kumho's are WAAAYYY cheaper
what price have you found ? I got a really sweet deal through my work that I couldn't resist

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have 40K on my Kumho's and that is with alot of torture and only one rotation and using Equal powder. Check out my myspace for some proof. I recommend these way over those $500 Toyo's

·
Lurker...
553 Posts
how about towing with the mt's?...i have a set of General Grabbers on backorder (same basic tire as the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's, just alot less expensive), but we tow a travel trailer roughly 1,500 miles per year...anyone running these also tow that can shed some light for me please?

Edit: it also looks like i'd be stuck with either buying rims, or going with stock size 265's :shrug:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
They tow fine for me. Heaviest thing I towed was 13,000 lbs of trailer from Florida to Virginia. Everything went fine. No cupping.

FYI, I had General Grabber MT's on one of my last trucks. I didn't have good luck with them at all. They were gone in about 15,000 miles. I switch to a BFG M/T and had much better luck.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Make sure the tire and wheel you chose are rated for the weight you are towing... No less then D range, but E range is better... Thats why I stick with the Toyo's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the following size Kumhos are offered in E load rating. 265/70/17, 285/70/17, 33x12.50r18, 37x13.50r20, 37x13.50r22

·
Registered
703 Posts
kumhos are not chineese. they are a korean built tire. i put 10,000 miles on my 37x1350x20 and they looked brand new still. you really cant beat them for the price. they do flat spot over night but goes away really fast. plus EVERYBODY has the toyos. be different just my 0.2 cents

·
Lurker...
553 Posts
my problem with them is that they are backordered in 285's!...i'd consider trying them, but the supplier said that my size is new to them and there is no ETA on a backorder release... :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts