Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really happy with the way my truck turned out. Initially I was just going to paint the fender flares tan to match the two tone on the truck, but my brother in law persuaded me into a different direction. It's still not finished. I have a set of 20x12 hostages I'm getting put on Monday.

We removed the flares, the molding on the side of the doors, the pin strip and the running boards.
I'm proud to say that I did most of work, minus the actual painting. I left that to the professional :D

This is how the truck started out.

Added Fx4 grille

To the body shop

After LOTS of sanding and outta the paint booth

More pics to follow once my hostages get mounted!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Very nice!!! I never was a two-tone truck fan. Looks a lot better with everything white!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks great! Those flares had to go.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great! Those flares had to go.
it's amazing how much better it looked w/o the flares. I can't wait to get my wheels installed tomorrow.

thx for all the compliments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like it, looks familiar!! You Need more pics w/t the wheels mounted up! The fX4 grill, loosing the steps, and deleting the 2 tone really make that truck look sharp now. It looks killer man, love the solid color trucks:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great. That is exactly what I'd like to do to my white/tan Lariat. I assume you sanded both sides from top to bottom, shot white over the tan, then recleared both sides from top to bottom?

Ryan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. That is exactly what I'd like to do to my white/tan Lariat. I assume you sanded both sides from top to bottom, shot white over the tan, then recleared both sides from top to bottom?

Ryan
Thanks!
I sanded about 2-3 inches above where the tan starts and sanded all the way down to the pinch welds at the bottom of the door.

Removed both bumpers, took them apart, then sanded each one of those. My brother in-law did the painting.

We also removed the molding on the side of the door that protects from door dings.
Sanding was by far the worst part.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks!
I sanded about 2-3 inches above where the tan starts and sanded all the way down to the pinch welds at the bottom of the door.

Removed both bumpers, took them apart, then sanded each one of those. My brother in-law did the painting.

We also removed the molding on the side of the door that protects from door dings.
Sanding was by far the worst part.
Didn't you have to reclear the entire sides of the truck?

·
Registered
536 Posts
definitely glad you got rid of those ugly ass flares, it looks awesome great work!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks good, Whats next? Smokes headlights and mirror lights????

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good, Whats next? Smokes headlights and mirror lights????
I wanna do something with the side vents, not sure exactly what. I need to replace the bed rail caps with black ones and I also need to do something about some steps. I may put the chrome ones back on, but spray them with some VHT.

I'll do headlights and tail lights eventually

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I wanna do something with the side vents, not sure exactly what. I need to replace the bed rail caps with black ones and I also need to do something about some steps. I may put the chrome ones back on, but spray them with some VHT.

I'll do headlights and tail lights eventually
looks great man, are those Fuel wheels? 20's?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts