Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
One thing i like about them is they are heavy. from their lawn series to the bigger ones. My dad was looking for a small compact tractor and would have went with them but they didn't offer a belly mower. I think between them new holland john deere simplicity and kubota they were almost double the weight. And i know that follows them into their bigger series which makes it great you dont have to stack them down with weights.

I

·
0 Posts
One thing i like about them is they are heavy. from their lawn series to the bigger ones. My dad was looking for a small compact tractor and would have went with them but they didn't offer a belly mower. I think between them new holland john deere simplicity and kubota they were almost double the weight. And i know that follows them into their bigger series which makes it great you dont have to stack them down with weights.
Yes, they are heavy. Cast iron is not very strong. I like to be able to make the tractor lighter or heavyer depending on what my application is. If I want to ted hay, I want it light. If I want to move snow, I want it heavy..

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes, they are heavy. Cast iron is not very strong. I like to be able to make the tractor lighter or heavyer depending on what my application is. If I want to ted hay, I want it light. If I want to move snow, I want it heavy..
Good point but its like any thing else personal preffance. I have a big problem cause i hate john deeres and dont have any experience with international. So when it comes to big tractors i have to go back a couple years.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nothin runs like a deere

Or sinks like a deere for that matter:doh:

·
CLARKY
319 Posts
We had a local dealer a couple years ago let us demo a some what compact Kioti like 35hp for a scraper at a local farmer pull.I must say it worked very well.It was fast,had good power, and the hydraulics were very responsive(quick).

I

·
0 Posts
IMO, I like the Deere powertech engine's. What are you planning to do with this tractor? How many HP are you looking for? Deere doesn't use the powertech in there lower HP tractors. There three CYL engine are Yarnmar..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My cousin has a few Kioti's on his farm and he is very partial to John Deere. I have ran them and liked how quick the hydraulics are, and for the price you can't beat them.

I

·
0 Posts
The prices are comparable here in Maine with other brands. They are within $400 of each other.. I looked at most brands and IMO the Deere is built better. I narrowed it down to Deere and Massey.. I bought the Deere due to resale value..

·
Registered
700 Posts
The prices are comparable here in Maine with other brands. They are within $400 of each other.. I looked at most brands and IMO the Deere is built better. I narrowed it down to Deere and Massey.. I bought the Deere due to resale value..
Good choice on your part.
Massey = :lame:

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Nothing cost like a deere neither I just think you pay for the name.
Thats the typical argument for someone who can't afford one. Trust me, they earn their keep at my family's ranch. We don't have time to fix ####ty Japanese tractors after 5 years. We had 30+ year old tractors working their asses off all summer puttin hay up, all winter loadin for feeding, and doing everything else.

Unlike the TYM's they dropped off for us to use at the fairground that came with ####ed up Hydraulics, and sat around. Or the New Holland at the fairground that can't drive itself and lift its bucket at the same time.......

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
:whs: your damn right they make all there money from selling nic nacs
I'll be happy in 30-40 years when my nic nacs are still retaining thier value and my green tractors are still pulling thier weight.

I can't wait to start hauling hay wagons from the field back the barn with the 730 LP standard again. Nothing like an obscure old 2 banger running at full song pulling 20' kicker wagons loaded round full to get everyone's attention in Mingo. I can hear the music now....

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
I shoulda said "doesn't wanna pay up front" instead of can't afford. Hell, we can't afford em either, but it beats having your tractor go tits up when the hays down.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts