Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 king ranch with 121000 miles. interior is in good shape except it is faded. What do king ranch owners use on the leather to keep it cleaned and conditioned? I was afraid to put just anything on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I did search, but my seats are pretty bad. i just bought the truck used and after looking i dont know if the guy ever put anything on em at all:doh:. what would be best for VERY dry KR seats ?

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
You can get king ranch leather conditioner from your local for dealer. They may have to order it but you can def get it. It is thicker than your standard leather conditioner. My dad uses it in his KR expedition.

If you don't mind window tint that will help slow down and prevent more fading to the front seats as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the kr conditioner will not make a difference to your seats if they are already dry... if you still wanna try it go for it and if you find a solution please let me know my seats are soo dry and fadded ahaha:D

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
the kr conditioner will not make a difference to your seats if they are already dry... if you still wanna try it go for it and if you find a solution please let me know my seats are soo dry and fadded ahaha:D

yes it does. You have to soak the #### outta them tho.

I have to apply the KR conditioner every 2 months to make them golden.

LEATHER CONDITIONER - King Ranch Saddle Shop

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Mine were faded. So I took a afternoon and cleaned them with Ph balenced Lexol cleaner. Then I soaked the living s--- out of them with Lexol 3 times. Then hit them with Bick 4 that day and every week afterwards for about four weeks. I now wipe them down every two weeks with Bick 4. It sucked but the end result was worth it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ill try soaking em. Hopefully it works. its preety brutal and a lengthy process. Plus stupid ford dealerships are idiots too they dont know what to do with the seats. lifes hard when you wanna drive a king ranch eh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just like everyone has said, find a good leather conditioner and keep trying. The front and outer edges of my front seats looked beyond repair when I first got my truck @ 48k mi (5 years old). I got into a routine of soaking them with Lexol once per week for a few weeks and their feel has been significantly restored.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've done a ton of research on this, I just rebuilt a 08 King Ranch, and the leather needed a lot of love. I contacted King Ranch, and they told me that the seats are made from non treated saddle leather. The sell a rebranded Duragloss product.

So i went to a saddle shop and talked with them. They gave me a can of saddle soap and a small soft horse hair brush to clean it (DO NOT SCRUB HARD). Let it dry then, used Bick4 leather conditioner, using your bare hand to rub it in. They made it a point to say use your bare hand. I did this several times until the bottle of bick was gone. Now I'll apply the Bick once a month.

The seats cleaned up great, I couldn't be happier. One part on the arm rest I just couldn't clean up, and the leather shop said nothing will. Your KR seats will still get a patina on them even if they are well maintained due to the type of leather they are made of. Thats part of having this truck.

Keeping them clean is just as important as using the conditioner remember that

·
Registered
571 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
444 Posts
when you use the KR conditioner put on a rubber glove and apply by hand. I did this ever few days and it really put the moisture back in the seats. This also gets more conditioner in the seat instead of soaking it into the rag.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
On my old KR half ton, I always used saddle soap and Mink oil, just as I do on my saddles, Leather new works as a good quick clean but it doesn't condition the leather. any local farm store or tack shop will have these products.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts