Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 05 6.0 today and i have no idea what the keyles entry pad code is. i was wonderin if there is a way to find out or change the code.
Thanks in advanced, Chris

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ford dealer can look it up for you. The looked up mine on my 06 when I bought it, took like 30min, but at least I got it. I think they can reprogram a new code also but I am not sure on that...

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,117 Posts
You will have to release the compartment on the right side of the steering wheel in your dash. Then there will be some insulation that you will have to push to the side. There will be a little black box on the firewall with a 5 digit number. I believe the number is printed on a white label. This is the factory code. Once you have that, you can enter it in then press the 1-2 and 3-4 buttons at the same time then enter in your own code. The truck will lock then unlock if you've done it right. Oh yeah - you have to do each step within 5 seconds of each other for it to work.

·
Master of Disaster
68 Posts
Compartment on right side of steering wheel???

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,117 Posts
Edit -

Remove the hinged compartment under the upfitter switches (or the cubby hole if you do not have upfitter switches).

You can also remove the panel under the steering wheel (that you would remove to access your fuses) and look through a few wires to find it:
The five (5) digit code is on the cream/white box behind the radio, look to the top right of the open fuse box cover through the wires. At the back firewall, look for a 5 digit code on a sticker on a cream/white box. This is not easy but if you try every angle it will appear don't forget to use a very powerful flashlight if you want to see it.

You can also remove the dash and then remove the stereo.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Its in your owners Manual, this is how i changed mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts