Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford F350 XLT. My truck only came with one key (not factory, walmart cut) and no fob. I called a Ford dealership and gave my VIN, they looked up and told me that my truck was equipped from the factory with a keyless entry option. I looked in my owners manual on page 82 and it also says your vehicle is equipped with a remote keyless entry system. So I ordered two remote key fobs off the internet. I have read the owners manual for programming to try to get it into to learning mode and I just can't get it to respond and go into learning mode. I open the door, close the door, hit the lock button on the driver door, hit the unlock button on the driver door, turn the key to the "off" position, cycle to the "on" position 8 times rapidly and leave in "on" position the 8th time. Locks don't cycle or anything. Any information on this or a trick that I don't know about? I know I must have tried to get it into learning mode at least 15 times and still no luck. Thanks.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
It all has to be done as one smooth operation. That's about all the advice I have for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, I know I can't be doing it wrong with as many times as I have tried it. The odd thing is, I have read on different forums that my 06 should have a keypad on the door (which it does not) to have a keyless entry option. But my VIN is showing that I have keyless entry and my owners manual says I have keyless entry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved, called Ford directly and verified that dealer told me wrong. No keyless from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts