Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disconnect the alarm sound that comes on if key is in the ignition and door is open

·
Registered
389 Posts
same here! BUMP

·
Registered
389 Posts
just leave the plug out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what plug? I can't even find where the noise comes from, I know it's under dash but can't find it. Don't see it on wiring schematic either. Truck is 2001 7.3 crew cab

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think super duties have it in the door

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What tells the computer the door is open ? I would just fake it out..... is there a magnet or switch or something in door. I don't see any type of switch.
This way maybe I could keep headlight chime

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have done this modification to almost every Ford/Lincoln/Mercury I have owned. It works great because it is easily reversed and the headlight warning still works.

1. Remove lower column trim
2. Turn key to run
3. Press release button and remove cylinder
4. Slide "Key In Ignition" switch out and tape it up
5. Slide the cylinder back in
6. Just leave the taped up switch loose under the cover

On older vehicles, there will be no adverse effects. I just did this on my 06 and now the doors don't autolock when driving. Other than that it works great. If you try it and it causes you too many problems, you can put it back in 10 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Obs its a little box under the dash, just dont leave your lights on....
This was one of my first mods! It is a cigarette pack sized box located under the dash (duh!) and just forward of the ashtray. The connector is sorta D shaped and to me, looks exactly like the old OBD diagnostic port from my Fox body 5.0. The connector has more wires than you would expect a stupid dinger would have going to it.

I just disconnected it and left the chime box and the connector hang in place. Others have removed the box and stomped on it or shot it...whatever makes you happy.

And like countryboyrob cautious, don't leave your lights on. Or lock your keys in the ignition, or all of the other stupid things the dinger is trying to warn you about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts