Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
No worries. I didn't take it that way. I just wanted to make sure that everyone understood that most (if not all) FICM tuners are modifying the strategies. When we first started doing FICM stuff 3 years ago, we frequently used stock calibrations because it was all new to everyone. That has all changed over the years. :)

Glad to hear you happy with your truck. It's always nice to hear positive 6.0L stories in the face of so many unhappy stories.

Take care.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i didnt know they did tunes for 6.0's:shrug:
Not many knew that they tuned 6.0's till recently.

I might try one out
I have been tuning and working on Powerstrokes for almost fifteen years now. Just a little background, I have been tuning 7.3L Powerstrokes since 1997, 6.0L Powerstrokes since 1999, first to develop "off road/race" DPF delete and custom tuning for the 6.4L, and first to tune the all new 6.7L. I even had an Excursion with the 6.0L as a daily driver for a few years in late 2001 (Yes a pre-release development truck). I test on all our own trucks (from the 7.3L to the all new 6.7L) before releasing anything to the customer.

KEM offers a full tuning package for the 6.0L, including custom FICM tuning using the latest inductive heating part two files, for all trucks from stock to highly modified. I can also tune the FICM for bigger injectors. Elite diesel has been selling our FICM tuning with all their injector sales for a while now.

Give us a call or send us an email with any questions.

Mike

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
I've put about 100miles on the revision so far and I have to say the upper end power is great. It is easy to pass in traffic and will flat out bury the needle if you want It to. The power, shifting and drivability is great. Exactly what I wanted and very little smoke. You can make it smoke if you try but normal driving there is little smoke.
Thanks mike & kem performance.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i will be getting my ficm and tunes from you here in a couple weeks mike and let me say i can not wait

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Tell me if I'm reading this right you have been tuning 6.0s since 1999 ?? 4 years before they came out ?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Tell me if I'm reading this right you have been tuning 6.0s since 1999 ?? 4 years before they came out ?
exactly what i was going to ask, how long has navistar offered the vt365?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Ill let someone explained that part but international didn't use a pcm only the ficm, but you'll like who will chime in Dillon.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Ill let someone explained that part but international didn't use a pcm only the ficm, but you'll like who will chime in Dillon.
i can only imagine that captain negativity isn't far away, :blah::blah::blah: lol come on doug!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Correct, I was part of the development and certification team for the VT365 AND the Ford 6.0L.

exactly what i was going to ask, how long has navistar offered the vt365?
The VT 365 has been out since 2002, and yes, I certified that engine also.

The International trucks used and International PCM and FICM where as the Ford applications used the Black or Green Oak PCM/TCM combo with the FICM.

how much does a tune cost?
See the website for pricing.

Mike

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Then why were there so many problems with them ?

·
BIGG PIGG EDITION
84 Posts
I got one of his tunes yesterday, hope to be able to tryout the tune tonight!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Is that a serious question, or are you trying to start somethin'?
Is that a serious question ? How often do you actually see me start something hmm ? Any other questions ?

Back to what I was asking, I'm curious since Mike stated he was on the development and cert team for the 6.0 n VT365, so I'm curious to know his take on this prior to the motor was released in Fords in 03.

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
As for the tunes. So far I like them a lot. I've been thru a tank of fuel and overall mpgs are up 1 mpg. Might be a fluke. I haven't driven my truck since monday but the little 300 mile hwy trip was pretty nice. Power is good still like everything about the tune.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is that a serious question, or are you trying to start somethin'?
Is that a serious question ? How often do you actually see me start something hmm ? Any other questions ?

Back to what I was asking, I'm curious since Mike stated he was on the development and cert team for the 6.0 n VT365, so I'm curious to know his take on this prior to the motor was released in Fords in 03.
:popcorn:

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Behave Ruben.

For anyone that thinks I'm pushing Mike, ill clarify.

Nothing against you Mike at all, but when you first said you tuned 6.0/VT365 in 99 kinda was like wow how could he if the motor wasn't released till 03. Now that you said you were on development n cert team explains a lot and any questions.

So why didn't they can the motor ? Instead they keep it and have problems wanna hear ur opinion about it lil more knowledge from the past doesnt hurt

21 - 40 of 53 Posts