Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone running there tunes? looking around wanting to try some new stuff out. any input would be awesome. if its anything like the 6.4 it should be a shoe-in:ford:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no buddy running thier tunes

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
Not many knew that they tuned 6.0's till recently.

I might try one out

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
im with this guy ^^^^^^^, i went to there website and u have to sign a wavier and all kinds of bs though :S

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
im with this guy ^^^^^^^, i went to there website and u have to sign a wavier and all kinds of bs though :S
You have to do the same for any of the 6.4 tuners that delete the DPF as well. No big deal

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
You have to do the same for any of the 6.4 tuners that delete the DPF as well. No big deal
lol tru, i like just sending an email and having a tune an hour or so later

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im curious what the horsepower gains are?

·
FNG
6,017 Posts

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
Hp gains are going to be close across the board. Dosent matter who tunes it. Now how the tq/hp curves look on paper and track times might be a lot different. 420-440 rwhp. That is the limit of the sticks from what I understand.

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
Hp gains are going to be close across the board. Dosent matter who tunes it. Now how the tq/hp curves look on paper and track times might be a lot different. 420-440 rwhp. That is the limit of the sticks from what I understand.
I think I read somewhere that Matt tuned a truck with a PHP ficm , stock stix , exhaust and intake to somewhere around 470HP

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
Yup thats true the dyno sheet is on his website. Stock truck Matts tune and Bills FICM tune

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
that is possible. most dont hit 450 on stock parts and tuning. the ficm helps but ive never seen the dyno sheets before and after. after i get a few checks under my belt i plan to get kem and go go tunes. i hate moving :doh:

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
talked to mike today and put in a order for tunes. told him what i wanted. throttle response, power, good shifting etc. talked to him for a while about variations of strategies, tuning, and ficm tuning (what is actual custom tuning vs using a older ficm flash etc). looking forward to seeing how the tune runs.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
talked to mike today and put in a order for tunes. told him what i wanted. throttle response, power, good shifting etc. talked to him for a while about variations of strategies, tuning, and ficm tuning (what is actual custom tuning vs using a older ficm flash etc). looking forward to seeing how the tune runs.
Me too, let us know.

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
go the tunes this morning. suppost to be a race tune. over all the manners of the tune are very tame. the shifting is great. very little smoke unless you just dump the skinny pedal from a dead stop. it feels a like a little less power than i was expecting.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
see if he can tweak them, im sure he can... can you compare them to any other tunes you have? I was thinking about getting a race tune to go with vivans looney tune i have

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
In regards to the FICM tuning, I don't know of anyone that's still using old FICM flashes. They're all modified ("custom") strategies.

As for power, 450 is not totally unreasonable, although a lot will also depend on the condition of the vehicle to begin with. In most cases, 400-420 is much more realistic.

Take care.

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
In regards to the FICM tuning, I don't know of anyone that's still using old FICM flashes. They're all modified ("custom") strategies.

As for power, 450 is not totally unreasonable, although a lot will also depend on the condition of the vehicle to begin with. In most cases, 400-420 is much more realistic.

Take care.
bill, that was not meant as a stab at anyone. from what i have read and gather from talking to people writing the tunes alot of the ficm tuning is based around a certian ficm calibration then tweaked with some of the updates that were good and leaving out the bad. it seems from what i have reasearched that most ficm reflashes are not completely new files though.

·
Power Junky
1,055 Posts
see if he can tweak them, im sure he can... can you compare them to any other tunes you have? I was thinking about getting a race tune to go with vivans looney tune i have
ive driven about 100 miles on the first version mike sent me and i will say that the tune compliments the truck very well. it shifts extremely well, the truck idles really quiet. that was the first thing i noticed. the tune dosent have a jerk point meaning the power from slight all the way to the floor is smooth. throttle resopnse is good. there isnt a lag like stock. i have been running a race tune that didnt shift like i wanted it to and the power was either on or off. so this tune was a nice change. i got a revised tune a few hours ago about to go load it up and put some miles on it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts