Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to put mt atv deck back on my truck,load up my quads back on it, and put it back to work as my survey rig. My question is, will my truck be ok running KEM's 250 tune in it with the extra weight on it?? I don"t plan to hot rod around with 2 quads loaded up, but i've been running the 250 as a dd and i really like it. The power and mileage are great, i just wanna know if i can put another 70k miles on this truck for work with the 250 tune in it??

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
You should be fine with any of the tunes, you have a monitor for egt's, boost, and backpressure along with coolant and transmission.. All that will tell you whether you're fine or not

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help boys!! I have a monitor, it just does have backpressure.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Your livewire has backpressure. Im not sure whether you meant it does or doesnt? Anyways it is in Kpa, So i would set my alarm around 525 or so if you aint racing

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't oops! I have an edge cs i use. It's way smaller, and a better monitor. I did use the livewire for a bit, but i could barely see out of my window with that huge thing stuck to it!! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
You'll be fine I towed a 9k dump trailer with 3 pallets of sod on it this weekend and truck never went over 1000-1100 egt and EOT/ECT high was 201/200 running the air conditioning the whole time in 80+ degree weather and that's with the KEM 250 tune not saying you should do it and honestly I would run the 210 or 150 if i was to do that again but just giving you a reference but with a quad you'll be fine just drive sensible and like others have said keep an eye on your gauges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts