Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my KEM 250 tune for almost a year now, i like how it runs and the mileage. I switch between it and Eric's street tune, witch i also like a lot! About 3 or so months ago, i noticed mt truck reving up on its own. Ay first i thought i had just hit the throttle when i parked the truck, but then it was doing it when it was idling. Its only ever done it with the 250 tune. I've tried re-loading the tune and it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have any idea's what i can check out? I love Eric's tune, and i dd his street tune normally, but i have found i get better mileage out of KEM's 250 but i dont what it to damage my truck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I noticed with my KEM 310 tune that it revs up slightly about every 10 -15 seconds at idle in park. I see a slight jump from 600 to 800 rpms then right back down. Like if you would tap the pedal. Weird. not sure why the kem tunes do this. I have been meaning to call Mike about it but haven't had a chance to

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
6.4L believer
138 Posts
My KEM tunes have a miss in them when at idle I notice sometimes, so quick you can't even see the rpm's change anyone have this?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
My IDP tunes also do it. I think its the cold weather. Thats the only time mine does it. you can watch FRP, Backpressure, and RPMs (Digitally) and watch them move rapidly. It goes away once you tap the brake, but as soon as you let off, it starts again if in nuetral or park

·
6.4L believer
138 Posts
I have tried all my KEM tunes and they all do it, I find it is more noticeable on the 275 and up tunes and it doesn't matter summer or winter. I'm glad I'm not the only one and the mild lope when first warming up sounds familiar.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I posted this on the forum about a year ago and was told it was the egr valve cycling at idle. Well now that I have an egr delete I know this is not what it was. But if everyone has this lope at idle then I guess it's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
6.4L believer
138 Posts
I know what you mean I thought there was something wrong with my truck, but after hearing I'm not the only one it must be something in the tuning.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Weird, When my truck is sitting there idling with my KEM tunes my idle drops, it idles fine then you hear it hicup, but the rpms go down, not up...

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Does it matter which tuner you use? Meaning Dashdaq or H&S? Or do both do it? I haven't noticed it on my Mini-Max.

·
POWERSMOKIN64
515 Posts
Mine is H&S MM. But the only tunes i ever run are the 210 or 345. The 250 is descent, the shifting is harsh on 275, and unbearable on 310 without bars.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well im glad im not the only one with this issue. Maybe its not an issue at all, and just how Mike wrote the programs. It only does it when its cold, non of my IDP tune do it thou!

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Mine only do it in the winter usually when the temps drop below 45*

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Spartan on the 250 hp tune has a slight miss or lope at idle as well. Glad to hear it is apparently nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine does it also, But only when the Heat or AC is on. All of you guys turn off the heat or AC ( I am still using AC down here its still hot!) and see if it is still there. I bet it is not. Mine goes away after I try my heat or AC off.
As for the truck idling up, it will do it is the outside temp is 50 degrees or less. The colder it is outside the higher the idle will go, I think 1100 or 1500 RPM is the max. It is all computer controlled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts