Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing another turbo upgrade so who has what?
I saw video on the KC running Warren 175/75's pushing 600hp
I likey. So who should I go with the pricing is close and I have a couple of cores laying around.... Or should I stick with what I got already 63.5 powermax with the batmowheel

·
JGman141
859 Posts
I'm thinking of doing another turbo upgrade so who has what?
I saw video on the KC running Warren 175/75's pushing 600hp
I likey. So who should I go with the pricing is close and I have a couple of cores laying around.... Or should I stick with what I got already 63.5 powermax with the batmowheel
Charlie from kc turbos is a great guy to deal with and is very knowledgeable about the 6.0. He goes out of his way to help anyone in need. James at barder is also a great guy to work with, I just got a s475 from and have bought a few other turbos for customer from him as well, all of while are too notch. It's a hard decision on which one to pick but it comes down to who you feel the most comfortable with. It's a draw for me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The proof is in the pudding right, should I do the KC cause I saw dyno proof? I'm really confused on what to do. I understand they are both great companies I just want to make the right purchase because I've spent the money once already. Is anyone running these setups?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
The proof is in the pudding right, should I do the KC cause I saw dyno proof? I'm really confused on what to do. I understand they are both great companies I just want to make the right purchase because I've spent the money once already. Is anyone running these setups?
There's a bunch of threads on powerstroke.org and Psa that have both companies turbos and results for each.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this setup safe for towing 13k occasionally with a custom tow tune?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Im not totally sure for 13k with that nozzle size, I'd say if any tuner can make it happen it would be Drew. I don't think the turbo is going to be an issue with towing but like I said if your going to have issues it will be from the nozzle size.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
So have you made up your mind on which company your going with?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Have the tuner shorten the pulse width.
Oh, i tow with 285/100's and the stock turbo. Never have any issues.

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet I'm gonna run a little on my 63.5 first see how she does drew will be getting a call tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Considering the costs why not try a ported manifold? It will help airflow and only make any future turbo perform that much better.

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
Considering the costs why not try a ported manifold? It will help airflow and only make any future turbo perform that much better.
I second this. I have a Pmax and a ported manifold and stock injectors. It's a fun little combo. I have future plans but right now trying to smooth out the path of airflow before I step up to a larger turbo.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've looked at the gogo but it seems there is a long wait and some complaints about his delivery, i think it looks great and the egr delete built in is tempting I still have an egr I just did the upgraded cooler.... The list of upgrades is never ending. I have already sunk myself in my truck and still have some things I want to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my WPE ported intake manifold. They are very affordable and offer any custom color you want. They really helped out my 285/75s. I kept my egr for emission purposes. Here is a pic

Oh and either turbo you choose on your list will be great quality :D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the egr restrict air flow?

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
It is definitely an obstruction. I cut mine out when I did mine. There are a couple of walls in there I cut out, I cut the egr "bulb" out as well and smoothed it out. Pop the intake elbow off and take a look inlet sometime, you will see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an extra one sitting here it's def restricted. I talked to drew at back road performance he told me the ported intake was what pushed his tranny over the edge lol. I'm going to look into getting this one ported I really want to do the gogo. I've heard he is a nightmare to deal with but I'll try just anyway just for quality sake

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
I don't think I would do the go go after hearing all the stories of his customer service.. I have heard nothing but good things about the WPE intakes and turnaround. I just built my own just because that's the way I am and just to say I did it lol.. been entertaining the 6.4 intake lately though.. which requires more fab

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so I've made some decisions on this today
+Sending stock turbo to KC getting 68 mm built red and ceramic
+Stage 3 ported intake powder coated red
+Steed speed manifolds already ceramic
+Custom up pipes ceramic
I'm getting this setup for a pretty good deal under 5k so I will keep you posted I see a new Trans in my future lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I worked a package deal $3300 for the
Intake coated
Turbo coated
Uppipes
The only other thing is the steed speed manifolds I found them for a 1000
So with install and tuning should be less then 5k

1 - 20 of 42 Posts