Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into both the kc tp38r and the dieselsite wicked turbo. Both obs drop in. I like that the dieselsite come with up pipes and pedestal for close to the same price as the KC. How do they compare? I have 180/30 injectors. 5 speed

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
I like the DieselSite wicked turbo, but I'm biased just because I own one, and never had a KC turbo. It does come with damn near everything, and is a very well put together kit, and well put together turbo.

Hope someone with a KC turbo can check in.

·
College Student
206 Posts
I looked at the dieselsite one for a while. I ended up going the KC route and cant complain. The reason I went that route is because the shop I had install the turbo had more experience with KC turbos. Its nice and better than stock for sure while leaving room to upgrade injectors.
The dieselsite wicked turbo is a pretty good deal for what you are getting tho. I would be tempted to go that route if I were to do it again.

·
Project Shamu
2,731 Posts
As for the DieselSite Wicked turbo, I can attest that the boost comes on much sooner, and climbs faster, also less boost drop in between shifts. It is a full ball bearing turbo with upgraded shaft (much like most of the KC turbos), but DS uses the stock exhaust turbine so that you can easily swap to a different housing (.87, 1.0 or 1.10).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts