Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. There's always meets going on everywhere else but i have yet to hear of one here in kansas. Wichita is the same distance from about everywhere. We have a 1/4 mile track about 15 miles away from here. I think there's a dyno there in wichita we could get a group rate at. Maybe..... And i do mean maybe..... I can convince my wife to let us do some truck tug o war, mudding, pulling, etc. on our place. I have 80 acres to do it on.
Lukecline, you probably saw this same post at the .org site. I think that one site has too small of a kansas community to do this. but with two i think t could turn out pretty good!

So just post if you're interested!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. I know june and july are out for me so unless you guys really want to do it then and have another place in mind just let me know. I also know that Garnett has sled pulling so that could be an idea. I sure wish i knew someone with a sled.

I hope everyone knows about the local threads on this forum. I never paid any attention until now. And i've been here a year.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
A guy that lives in town here has a sled. Not sure if it's in amazing condition but at the fair they have tractor pulls with it.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK! Now we're geting somewhere! We have a 1/4 mile track, a Dyno, and a Sled!!! Now all we need is about 50 people to sign up!!!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Mines just 2wd but I'd do a burnout contest, drag and dyno. I live about 20 minutes from Garnett, I know the guys that run the pull and all the midwest Mudracing Orgs (Stompers, CMBA, KMRO, ect) if ya'll want to sling.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Colloseum would be a great place to meet. They have an arena, huge parking area, place for the sled, somewhere to do the burnouts, and its close to the track. I'm not sure on the mud. I don't know any more than the fact that it F*d up my tranny the first time.... Mud drags in the pond behind the house. If everyone wants to do that too let me know. Like i said though. I do't know where to do it.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
The Colloseum would be a great place to meet. They have an arena, huge parking area, place for the sled, somewhere to do the burnouts, and its close to the track. I'm not sure on the mud. I don't know any more than the fact that it F*d up my tranny the first time.... Mud drags in the pond behind the house.
This is a little different. Think 4ft deep 200ft long stirred with a track hoe, 4sec in a stock bodied steel truck across the top. Some TD guys want to see what there trucks do against the big dogs though.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm. That would be fun! Is there somewhere around here to do that?

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Hmmm. That would be fun! Is there somewhere around here to do that?
Check out KMRO Florence Glen Eickleberry Pres. Central Mud Boggers Association
Stompers Mud Boggers KC Mo
CMBA Eldorado

The class IV guys are running Reher Morrison and Sonny Leonard Heads making 1300+ on DOT 39.5 TSL Boggers. I got out 5 years ago, sold my truck to buy a house!

Sorry for the derail.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thaaaaaaats right. Now i remember. The one here in eldorado was just like 2 months ago. Well at least now i know where we can go if we do it.... Ok back on track. Lets hope we start getting people to start posting. So far I may have 15 people excluding the 3 of us.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy S*$#!!! That's awesome! We could make it an all out event! I can see it now! Sponsors, Diesel magazines, Prizes! Ok now i'm dreaming. Lol! I'm thinking- Smoke Cloud Over Kansa! No? Well I for one am totally syked about it! Oh and i guess the best place for the sled pulling action is the Eldorado saddle club.

Early August? That would give us plnty of time to plan and kids would be out of school.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im in for some drags and possibly the sled pullin' if i get my studs and egr delete..... hopin for a set of sticks and the crazy idea they will get the hpop into production for the 6.hos

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Bump...

I'd do some drags, dyno, and maybe tractor pull.

I know of a few Powerstroker's that i could drag along with me.

Would this be a Powerstroke only meet??? Cuz there are a few of my buddies with Duramax's and Cummin's that might be interested.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i would be down for the Dyno just to see my starting point nmbers and hell i would try to pull sled. Mustang does my drag racing. Plus i could probly drag in a coule other guys. Possibly even z couple cummins guys. Will need to get a date a while before the event so i can make sure that i am not on call at work that weekend.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Hell Topeka is slap in the middle of the 48 so why not go all diesel? Heartland park can accomidate about anything. There are some good sanctioned pulling clubs in the Mid west any of them would be happy to oblige with a sled. Just need someone with clout in topeka to get it going. But I'm game for what ever as long as it's this side of the river.

·
--------
551 Posts
I'm up for it. But early August in Kansas is usually hot as Hell. Probably not the best time to be on a dyno or track.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts