Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went on vacation this past week. Ended up driving almost 3000 miles total. I was very pleased to see that we were averaging almost 23mpg... Except through Tennessee. Lol.

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
What were you driving?

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
23 is pretty damn good. Tuned or not?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure does. I've had 4wd's in the past, and when I lived up north, they were great, but down here in Florida, I just don't have much use for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cruise was set at 72mph for the whole trip... Except for Atlanta. We were at a crawl there. Lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just drove to Ga. and back this past weekend. Kept it on the speed limits and got 22.5.

We have a 99 F-250 2WD with the 7.3. 132800 miles on it. We just bought it about 3 weeks ago and this was the first trip in it. I'm very pleased with it so far. As far as I know it's all stock. Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We just drove to Ga. and back this past weekend. Kept it on the speed limits and got 22.5.

We have a 99 F-250 2WD with the 7.3. 132800 miles on it. We just bought it about 3 weeks ago and this was the first trip in it. I'm very pleased with it so far. As far as I know it's all stock. Dave
I see you've got some gauges Installed. You want to sell those to me, don't you? Lol. Is your grill painted the same as the truck?

·
Ford With Out Tax Money
333 Posts
my 250 got 20.3mpg on a 750 mile trip most of the time at 77mph.
i wish i got that all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see you've got some gauges Installed. You want to sell those to me, don't you? Lol. Is your grill painted the same as the truck?
Ahhh...lol It has boost and transmission temp gauges in it. I'd like to put an EGT gauge in it sometime. This one used to have a 5th wheel hitch in the bed. It also has a 60 gal aux fuel tank in the bed so the truck will hold a total of 98 gal of fuel. You can see the top of it in the picture. The very top of the fuel tank has some storage. It's only about 4" deep.

Yeah the grill is painted the same as the truck. The truck doesn't have all the extras that the Chevy Avalanche did that we traded in but we wanted it to pull the camper and now we can get a bigger camper at some point and not have to worry about not being able to pull it. Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts