Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for starters, I've been laid off since new years eve. After three months of looking and applying for jobs and no luck, I go talk to my old boss that I used to work for in the oilfield. He brings me back on and things are goin good for the first two weeks. Well friday he said for me to call him this morning and tell me where to go. So I call him at 7:30 and ask, he says he's tryin to figure things out and to call him back in a couple hours. About 15 mins ago he sends me a text message saying " At this moment I do not have an opening for you. Keep in touch and I will see what I can do.Sorry...." This is coming from the owner of a supposibly 25 million dollar oil company....and he doesnt even have the balls to call me back and nut up and tell m like a man..I find it kinda funny. But it is what it is. Good thing I didnt cut my unemployment off. And two weeks ago he said we would be busy for the next year and a half straight. So what happened to all the work? Don't understand people these days.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
that sucks man! best of luck get a job, buddy of mine got laid off from where i work at here and didn't have much luck findin a job for almost 6 months but finally got ahold of one, im just waitin for the day i get laid off, hope it doesn't happen but in this day and age its bound to, and that guy must be a real chicken sh*t

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been laid off since December 7th 2009 and have not had any luck finding a job yet either.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Damn man that really sucks. I have a few friends that got laid off one 2 years ago and one about 5 months ago. They can find jobs but not good enuff money to pay the bills. I really hope this economey turns around.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
What a PUSS!!! Im sorry to hear that you lost your job. I couldn't imagine how it would get without having a steady check every week.

Hope things work out for you man. Best of luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Like I stated in another thread the company I work for is hireing all over texas. look up air products and chemicals and go to job listings. there are some on there.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
I feel for ya man. Found out a couple weeks ago that they are closing us down here at the end of April. Sort of seen if coming, but it still sucks. I have a baby on the way in about 4 months, so it really scares me.

Just keep this in mind.... as my wife keeps telling me.. "When one door closes, another one always opens!"

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Well for starters, I've been laid off since new years eve. After three months of looking and applying for jobs and no luck, I go talk to my old boss that I used to work for in the oilfield. He brings me back on and things are goin good for the first two weeks. Well friday he said for me to call him this morning and tell me where to go. So I call him at 7:30 and ask, he says he's tryin to figure things out and to call him back in a couple hours. About 15 mins ago he sends me a text message saying " At this moment I do not have an opening for you. Keep in touch and I will see what I can do.Sorry...." This is coming from the owner of a supposibly 25 million dollar oil company....and he doesnt even have the balls to call me back and nut up and tell m like a man..I find it kinda funny. But it is what it is. Good thing I didnt cut my unemployment off. And two weeks ago he said we would be busy for the next year and a half straight. So what happened to all the work? Don't understand people these days.
Thats messed up, but just remember, whatever you do dont burn bridges you may need to cross in the near future

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The job market is brutal. I'm graduating with my BS in Law and Justice in June and I'm having a hell of a time finding anything. I'm hoping this turns around soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts