Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all do you think would be needed to put a 6.4 at 1000+hp on fuel and still be a daily driver. Im just wondering. I have a lot of really different ideas on things but i wanna hear what you guys have to say.

and money will not be an issue with this because i plan on working my arse off to afford all that i want cause thats what i want i wont settle for less. This will also be based on manual trans.

· Registered
521 Posts
Are they hiring were you work???!! Until somebody comes out with a bigger single or twin hpfp your kind of limited. Price on just parts will probably be 25 to 30,000. Some that have actually done a build up will know better.

· <--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Elite has a couple bad arse twin kits coming out. they should be able to hold 1000 nicely. but right now everything is not ready. just give it some more time.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if I am correct a cp3 is well a cp3 the only difference between the cummins duramax and powerstroke cp3's is where the fuel lines leave the housing. So anything that makes a cummins pump flow that much will also be the same for our pumps but I will make sure of that cause I dont trust my teachers in the class Im in now. I am a diesel tech but im still in school right now but i have two more months and have a couple of jobs that are open to me. but in the long run i can make from $22 an hour to around $50+ an hour and we work long long hours. Average 60-90 hours a week is what some companies tell me. Also Im from West Virginia so the coal mines and construction are my two big sources.

· WWDD
10,745 Posts
the fuel pumps arent the same, in theory your second pump could be a cp3 out of a dodge or a duramax,

by the time you have the money elites dual fuelers should be out, so 1000hp on fuel might be obtainable... you looking to build a sled puller or what?

· Laces Out
13,511 Posts
ill tell you right now, the elite big twin kit coming out will not be at 1k ... not even close. we're doing the biggest setup they have on the drag truck and i'm hoping for close to 850 .... the dual fuelers may help atomization with massive injectors, but i think the headflow will be the limiting factor here.

· WWDD
10,745 Posts
ill tell you right now, the elite big twin kit coming out will not be at 1k ... not even close. we're doing the biggest setup they have on the drag truck and i'm hoping for close to 850 .... the dual fuelers may help atomization with massive injectors, but i think the headflow will be the limiting factor here.
after seeing the heads off these trucks in person, your right...

· What else?
4,157 Posts
Well if I am correct a cp3 is well a cp3 the only difference between the cummins duramax and powerstroke cp3's is where the fuel lines leave the housing. So anything that makes a cummins pump flow that much will also be the same for our pumps but I will make sure of that cause I dont trust my teachers in the class Im in now. I am a diesel tech but im still in school right now but i have two more months and have a couple of jobs that are open to me. but in the long run i can make from $22 an hour to around $50+ an hour and we work long long hours. Average 60-90 hours a week is what some companies tell me. Also Im from West Virginia so the coal mines and construction are my two big sources.
The Siemens pump is not a CP3, so throw those thoughts out the window.

And don't count that cash until it's in your pocket, you'll be the low guy on the totem pole, so you may not get everything they're promising you now.

Good luck, Rudy and Mikey seem to be headed the way you're wanting to go, but it looks like you'll need the cash to buy the truck, and at least 1/2 that much again or more to mod it to your projected goal.

I'll be interested to see how a South Bend will hold up.

Dave

· HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,163 Posts
that's why im here also to learn, but from what i have read its not possible YET, have to wait some time and im not sure how those south bends would work at that high !! even though they are strong, and for being a daily driver, it would be difficult to obtain.

· PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Going to wyotech or something? Probably learn more about your 6.4 here than any school.
Hes right! I was a 6.4 idiot last fall. Now its spring and im still an idiot but i know more about a 6.4 than most ford tecs around my area. And I owe it to PSN!

On a side note after talking to Wayne at Elite and others. Does anyone think it would be stupid to do away with the HPFP in the valley and have the "dual fuler" setup. Basically youd have one external HPFP. This way youd never have to pull the turbos to get to the HP fuel system. Prolly stupid but ive been told it can be done. I couldnt do it but its an idea.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.