Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or thought about modifying the bolt holes on a stock turbo center section and pedistal so that the turbo could be removed and installed without having to pull the pedistal with it. It seems like when I last took the turbo off, one of the big problems getting it off was the back bolt on the pedistal and during install, the same bolt but also making sure the o-rings didn't become displaced on the bottom of the pedistal.

Could you just drill out the existing holes in the center section casing all the way through, tap the pedistal for threads, and come up with some type of curved on the bottom but flat on the top spacer/washer (whatever you want to call it) for the top of the center section so that you could bolt the turbo down from the top as opposed to thru the bottom of the pedistal?

Thoughts?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That is an excellent idea. Now to get someone to play guinea pig???????

·
Registered
69 Posts
once you take the pedistal off once or twice it gets really easy i use a little dab of rvt to hold the orings in place

·
Registered
928 Posts
Or swap everything over to a SD setup.;)

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or swap out the pedistal from a early 99 and the center section from an early 99.
There is a good idea too. Does Bean's sell the D66 configured up that way with an early 99 compressor housing and center section and a stock OBS turbine housing so that with the addition of an early 99 pedistal, it will bolt right in using stock non-intercooled ductwork?

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or swap everything over to a SD setup.;)
That is what I would like to do. When are you going to help me do this?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Any time, got most of the parts sitting right here just say when. We could make a run down to Marks shop to get the IC mounted and pipes welded.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any time, got most of the parts sitting right here just say when. We could make a run down to Marks shop to get the IC mounted and pipes welded.
We will definitely talk more when I get back to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts